This role will work collaboratively with the Regional Office, Country Offices in WCA as well as Save the Children Members, and across all departments, notably Programme Operations, Finance and PDQ, contributing to Strategic Portfolio and Awards Management best practice across the region, optimum ways of working, quality standards and donor compliance benchmarks’ adherence.
The role is fourfold: a) Technical and Management Support of Country Offices in their awards management effort; b) Assessment of technical and leadership skillset in-country and development of capacity reinforcing strategies and plan to feed into talent development and management plans, contributing to Awards Management excellence; c) Contribution to the development and anchoring of awards management best practices in systems, processes, and compliance; d) Oversight and support of regional multi-country projects.
The role offers the opportunity to evolve into a leadership position for an individual well experienced in Grants Management, compliance, but also stakeholder management and communication. It requires an individual with a good knowledge and experience of the West and Central Africa region, who would has ideally worked in several countries of the region, has a good command of its culture, as well as of the French and English languages. The individual needs to be strong on communication and interpersonal skills.
The individual will play a strong Coordination role across the Save the Children global network involving SCI Centre, Members, countries but also reaching out to other regions and regional counterparts. The individual will play a key role in the development of a culture that promotes the primacy of ensuring Save the Children delivers high quality programmes, on time, on budget and with quality.
* Experience of and well developed technical skills in grants management, oversight and upskilling, training and coaching
* Good knowledge of major donors’ compliance requirements and experience in bringing people together to produce timely and quality reporting to donors.
* Good knowledge and proven track record of AM and AMS compliance adherence obligations in a large international organisation.
* Proven track record of supporting Country staff and teams, across a country programme, as well as Senior Management / Leadership teams.
* Proven track record of WCA direct experience, in a diversity of countries. Excellent grasp of the culture and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people, French and English languages excellent command.
* Excellent communications (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills, including with senior management positions, with experience in managing / collaborating with multicultural teams. Proven track record of multi-stakeholder management.
* Good financial skills and command of Finance requirements and international standards
* Strategic thinking and planning skills
* Good attention to detail and analytical skills, and at the same time capacity for “big picture” thinking.
* Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
* Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
* Experience in Programme Management. Experience of Field office challenges.
* Experience with Save the Children award management system (AMS)
* Significant experience with NGOs in an international environment
* Fluent in French and English – written and spoken
Contract length: Permanent Contract
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality Basic Education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.