Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France (SIF) has acted for many years in Palestine and has set up many concret e activities in order to help in a large scale. Some of these activities are child protection, better access to drinking water, support for economic activities and housing reconstruction.
Secours Islamique France is looking for a Regional Administrative Coordinator based in Ramallah, Palestine.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, as part of the Senior Management Team and while supervising the Administration, Financial and Human Resources teams, you will be in charge of defining and implementing specific administrative, financial and human resources and procedures in the mission.
Your work will consist of:
Operational Strategy and Coordination
* Contributing to the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions.
* Participating in the analysis and proposal of solutions for all decisions impacting the mission in general.
* Ensuring the accounting, non-accounting and expatriates data entry in the accounting software.
* Controlling the bank book-keeping, checking and bank reconciliations.
* Supervising physically the cash checking.
* Defining and updating the conservation and cash-flow procedures (Cash Management) in accordance with the local context, to come up with alternatives in case of context evolution.
* Validating the banking establishment choice and payment modalities of recurrent contracts.
* Authorizing the mission's expenditures' payment according to procedures.
Budgetary and financial management
* Elaborating and validating project budgets and preparing the mission's annual budget.
* Identifying financial risks to sensitize coordinators to the risks on their domain which have a financial impact, alerting the Head of Mission and the HQ and bringing support for the risk management.
* Supervising the management and staff recruitment.
* Participating in the national training plan's elaboration and supervise its implementation.
* Evaluating the team members' performances.
* Defining and updating the team's training plan and ensure its follow-up.
Security of money
* Implementing the money security policy in cooperation with the Head of Mission.
* Defining rules of management of transfers between bank accounts, saves and petty cash.
* Representing SIF during activities' implementation before operational partners and local or regional authorities.
* Attending conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
* Elaborating monthly administration, financial and HR reports for the Head of Mission.
* Proposing improvements to the intern reports formats.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
* You have worked a minimum of 5 years in humanitarian affairs, as Administrative coordinator with INGOs in a similar context.
* You are very experienced in strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
* You possess strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
* You understand the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
* You have extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
* You have experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
* An understanding and commitment to SIF’s mission and values are necessary.
* Familiarity with the Middle East working context would be appreciated.
* Starting date : 23/04/2020.
* French fixed term contract : 12 months.
* Remuneration according to our salary grid.
* Monthly perdiem.
* Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance).
* R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
* Leaves every 3 months.