The Receptionist works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations staff and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service deliveryDuties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services.
- Support the Common Services Associate.
- Support to knowledge building and Knowledge Sharing.
1. Ensure the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Weekly check and test of all lines
2. Support the Common Services Associate in updating UN staff information
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular Maintenance and Repair.
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage.
- Identification of maintenance works in UN House premises.
- Fueling of UN office generator and keeping records.
- Any duty assigned
3. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and Communities of Practice
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the UN reception and telephone services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate Data Entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UN capability in provision of administrative services.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Keeping records of mails and timely distribution of newspapers to agencies
Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Promoting learning and Knowledge Management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.Required Skills and Experience
Completions of O Levels or Grade 12 Certification
3 years of relevant experience.
Fluency in the UN and a local language of the duty stationDisclaimer
The united nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.