The Receptionist/Registry Clerk works in close collaboration with the Management Support team, Programme and Operations Teams staff and other UNDP project staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery. She/he also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions
- Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services;
- Updating UNDP staff information;
- Support to knowledge building and Knowledge Sharing;
- Maintenance of proper registry system;
- Effective mail management
Ensure the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UNDP;
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol;
- Weekly check and test of all lines;
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair;
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage.
Ensure the most updated UN staff and other contacts information, focusing on achievement of the following results
- Collection and update of UNDP staff information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate;
- Update of the UNDP House telephone list and UN Directory, Addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and NGOs and other important contacts.
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on Administration;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and Communities of Practice;
- Assists office in organizing in-house training UNDP Retreat and other office events.
Ensures maintenance of registry system focusing on achievement of the following results
- Maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the UNDP Global Filing System;
- Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule;
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents;
- Provision of photocopies of material from the registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry files;
- Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files;
- Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities.
Ensures provision of effective mail management focusing on achievement of the following results
- Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming faxes, letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer;
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and followup distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags are accounted for;
- Manages Conference room bookings for office events;
- Manages File reference number for outgoing and incoming correspondences.
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, indepth knowledge of office Software Applications relating to word processing Data Management presentation;
- ATLAS, as required;
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases;
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative;
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy;
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others.
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software;
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction;
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN/UNDP standards;
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
Promoting learning and Knowledge Management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.Required Skills and Experience
3 years of relevant experience;
Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
Fluency in English required;
Fluency in local language Mauritian Creole is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.