Organ: The Radiocommunication Bureau (BR) is responsible for the application of the Radio Regulations and for technical and administrative support of ITU World and Regional Radiocommunication Conferences, Radiocommunication Assemblies and Study Groups. The Bureau also carries out the international regulatory processes for registration of frequency assignments and satellite orbits and assists administrations in their Coordination and implementation of frequency spectrum and orbit requirements as well as in resolving cases of harmful interference. It provides the specialised technical secretariat for the work of the Radiocommunication Study Groups and the Radiocommunication Assembly in the development of recommendations for spectrum utilisation and radio system characteristics. The BR is organised into four Departments: Space Services Department, Terrestrial Services Department, Informatics, Administration and Publications Department and the Study Groups Department. Organization Unit: Within the Radiocommunication Bureau, the Terrestrial Services Department (TSD) comprises three Divisions: Broadcasting Services Division (BCD), Fixed and Mobile Services Division (FMD), Terrestrial Publication and Registration Division (TPR). The Department is responsible for the application of the ITU Radio Regulations through the processing of frequency assignments notified by ITU Member States for terrestrial services both from a regulatory and technical point of view. In addition, the Department is responsible for the application of procedures associated with World and Regional Plans. It also provides assistance to ITU Member States on frequency selection and the treatment of cases of harmful interference. It is responsible for the application of operational and administrative provisions of the Radio Regulations, including safety of life aspects of the Aeronautical and Maritime Services. The Department edits and publishes all Terrestrial data publications. TSD also carries out studies and other activities for the preparation of World and Regional Radiocommunication Conferences. Duties / ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Head of Fixed and Mobile Services Division, the incumbent performs the following duties:Apply Now
- Performs regulatory and technical examination of frequency notices submitted by administrations and formulates associated findings and recommendations.
- Makes studies in relation to the development and improvements of the Rules of Procedure.
- Prepares related administrative and technical correspondence.
- Treats the requests for assistance from administrations and makes related specific technical studies.
- Develops, improves and tests software and web applications related to terrestrial services, participates in the identification of user requirements for Software Development.
- Provides support to the Head of Division in carrying out preparatory work for conferences, meeting, seminars, and participates in these meetings, when required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Innovation and Facilitating Change, and; Planning and Organizing.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL. Ability to develop object-oriented software, in a client/server architecture, and/or web applications using ASP.NET MVC is required. Programming in one or more of the following languages is required: C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Visual Basic. A good knowledge of the current radiocommunication technologies.