To apply for this jobs please refer to http://www.ir.undp.org/content/iran/en/home/procurement.html under the subject: National consultancy on "Providing National Consultancy Services for Communication and Education of “Climate Promise” Project"
Please note that all interested applicants are requested to email their technical and financial proposal in accordance with template which has been placed in above website to firstname.lastname@example.org"
Current national climate targets under the Paris Agreement - known as Nationally Determined Contributions, or NDCs – may need more support to put countries on a safe and Sustainable path to climate neutrality by 2050. And greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that cause Climate Change have been on the rise since the landmark decision was reached in 2015.
The Climate Promise is UNDP commitment to support at least 100 countries enhance their NDCs by 2020. UNDP will work with countries to make their NDCs more technically robust and include new ways governments can step up their climate actions, as well as finance these bold new goals.
UNDP teams will support countries in undertaking an inclusive and transparent process to revise their NDCs that engages government at all levels, as well as citizens, private sector, and other key stakeholders and partners – bringing all voices to the table to agree ways to curb GHG emissions while also creating more resilient communities and protecting natural spaces.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will report to the UNDP and Department of Environment (DoE) and will undertake the following activities:
- Increase awareness with strengthen channels and platforms to support a whole-of-society approach with strong engagement with main stockholders including entrepreneur, academia, private sector and civil society, etc.
- Develop programs and processes to provide discussion including support to the national committee for climate change and Enhance understanding of the capacities at national and subnational level for National Inventory System (NIS) implementation, with emphasis on key non-state actors need to meaningfully participate in the Climate Action
- Engage and promote active roles for youth generation and women in climate action
- Increasing awareness through holding workshop for Capacity Building and training for the main stakeholders and different target group
- Documentation, Presentation and sharing good practices according to the deliverables of Climate Promise
- Effective communication and networking throughout the Project Implementation as well as overseeing sound engagement of different stakeholders/partners in project activities
- Active role on developing comprehensive and effective training program in close co-operation with project stakeholders and project team
- Ensuring the highest level of Information Exchange, awareness raising, public participation and Training in accordance with project work plan.
- Preparing on-demand reports on project’s progress for UNDP CO and DOE.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.