Under the supervision of the Protection Officer (Community Engagement), the Protection Assistant (Community Engagement) will be responsible for running and supervising the day to day activities of Solidarity Initiatives and mobile safe spaces in Tripoli.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead the implementation of neighborhood group members’ Capacity Building plan to identify protection challenges and draft Solidarity Initiatives
- Lead the outreach process to engage relevant beneficiaries in the Solidarity Initiatives and mobile activities;
- Ensure an efficient engagement of Persons with Disabilities in the Solidarity Initiatives activities and mobile activities
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of Solidarity Initiatives and mobile activities in various locations while ensuring proper consistency with initial plan and beneficiaries target;
- Provide constant feedback to his/her supervisor on progress, lessons learnt, achievements, gaps, issues and problems
- Responsible of developing and filing all documents related to the Solidarity Initiatives and mobile activities (attendance sheets, minutes of meetings, Solidarity Initiative proposal and final report, beneficiaries’ files, reports, pictures etc.)
- Set the daily/weekly/monthly work plan, in Coordination with the Protection Officer (Community Engagement)
- Facilitate awareness sessions, life skills sessions, and Information Dissemination sessions when needed
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the Protection Team Leader (Community Engagement)
To be successful in this role we expect you to be a fresh graduate or from a Secondary school. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 1 year of proven experience in undertaking community protection and community engagement initiatives
- Adequate knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian sector
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with Persons with Disabilities is recommended
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: Till 30 November 2020
Band/Level: I1 – salary equivalent to 1350 USD
Duty Station: Tripoli- NOL
Start date: First of July 2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.