In line with the new Country Programme Document for UNDP Iraq (CPD 2020-2024), which aims to support the Government of Iraq’s vision for a sustainable peaceful Iraq ,UNDP Iraq has now developed a new program on social cohesion which will work in four main areas that include 1) Strengthening the national frameworks for peace and social cohesion, 2) strengthening inter-linking community infrastructures for social cohesion at multi-levels 3) supporting and strengthened capacities and resources of academia and research institutions and actors to lead social cohesion and 4) working with media institution and media professionals to improved advocacy and public awareness.
UNDP will also mainstream conflict sensitive approaches to all its programming to address the underlying challenges of exclusion, marginalization and societal divisions through each pillar to contribute to address key drivers of conflict. Based on its mandate, Comparative Advantage, global and regional experience, and knowledge, UNDP will support use of analytical tools- such as social cohesion index, conflict development Analysis (CDA) and M&E instruments for PVE to inform social cohesion and risk management strategies. It will adopt and introduce innovative approaches to use social media and social local networks to engage youth and women to address the social and development challenges through accelerators labs and use of digital technology. Considering the differentiated national, regional and local needs and priorities, UNDP will support solution pathways based on area-based consultative approaches and analytical tools such as local conflict and risk assessments, building on the lessons and knowledge from the current social cohesion interventions. In addition, UNDP will support the GOI to develop and implement a social cohesion agenda that promotes Conflict Resolution mechanisms, dialogue and trust building measures, as well as enable peaceful coexistence and prevent future radicalization and recruitment to violent extremist groups.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Team Leader of the Social Cohesion Pillar the Administration & Finance Officer will work closely with progremme and operations unites to provide efficient and high quality administrative and operational support to the social cohesion programme. He or hse will be responsible of the financial issues such as budget revesion, payments, etc and the day to day work for smooth and effective implementation.
Ensures efficient financial resources management of the social cohesion project focusing on the achievements of the following results:
- Maintain and update financial reports, combined delivery reports, project correspondence, donor reporting and update financial management dashboard;
- Preparation of requests for payments, scrutiny and verification of supporting documents to ensure accuracy of financial information submitted for payment processing based on relevant contracts and agreements;
- Proper management of UNDP assets, facilities and logistical services, including full compliance with applicable UNDP Operational Policies;
- Ensure adequate disclosure are provided with each process for internal/external audit preparation. Facilitate supervisor in responding to the auditor’s queries;
- Review and monitor Implementing Partner’s disbursements, FACE form review and analysis of advances, expenditures, and settlements in ATLAS ERP system;
- Prepare budgets and budget revisions as required and manage the project budgets on regular and timely basis;
- Update and initiate processing of project financial entries in ATLAS; ensure transmission of project financial data for inclusion in ATLAS;
- Preparation and or review and certification of non-PO vouchers in ATLAS;
- Creation of requisition in ATLAS for project inputs, making budget checks on ATLAS for requisitions, POs and vouchers;
- Reconcile the records of payments with activities and recommends new disbursements;
- Proper control of supporting documents for UNDP payments;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, and policies of financial activities recording/reporting systems.
Ensure effective administrative and operational matters for implementation of Social cohesion programme activities focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation and monitoring of procurement plans for the programme;
- Provide administrative and logistic support for smooth implementation of programme;
- Provide logistic support to conduct the training, workshop and seminars;
- Assist in annual audit exercise, ensure availability, efficient deployment and regular maintenance of programme equipment, including computers, and other equipment for operational purposes;
- Prepare various contractual documents related to procurement of goods and services ensuring adequate protection of the interest of the programme and follow-up on the status of the contracts;
- Prepare correspondence related to administrative and financial matters for signature of the Team Leader of the social cohesion pillar;
- Perform other administrative and financial duties related to the programme as assigned by National Project Manager, Deputy NPM and Project Management.
- Undertake all aspects of logistical arrangements for official travel requests for duty travel or workshops, trainings, etc;
- Coordinate and Control of Combined Delivery;
- Periodic monitoring of dashboards and exceptions, identification of remedial actions;
- Systematically apply best practice in project/programme management and implementation of the project.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Regular exchange of information/experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices;
- Capture lessons learnt during project implementation – a lessons learnt log can be used in this regard;
- Participation in training events, Communities of Practice, codifying and sharing knowledge;
- Facilitation and organisation of training for project staff to enable them to perform at the required level.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of web-based systems;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision.
- Knowledge of the use of information management;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to use sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks;
- Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment (e.g. civil strife, natural disasters).
Planning and Organizing
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Adjusts priorities as required;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Uses time efficiently.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Masters’ degree in Accounting and Finance, Business or Public Administration, Economics or related field;
- Bachelor’s degree with additional 1 year of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of Master’s.
- A minimum one (1) year (with Masters’ degree), or, two (2) years (with Bachelors’ degree) of relevant experience at the national and/or international level in project/programme formulation, management, accounting, finance, operations, administration or audit services is required;
- Experience in the usage of Computer Software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), and web-based Management Systems is required;
- Experience with the UN or any other international development organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.