Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Tashkent
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 4
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 03-JUL-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The UNESCO Tashkent Office is implementing a project funded by The International Research Development Centre “Adapting and Scaling Teacher Professional Development Approaches in Ghana, Honduras and Uzbekistan” (hereinafter the Project) jointly with the Ministry of Public Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The Project will research on examining application of TPD@Scale approach in Uzbekistan to improve quality of teacher professional development. More specifically, this action will develop a framework and guidelines for adapting, implementing, evaluating, and continuously improving upon proven TPD@Scale models, or core components of such models, in the country contexts and for different sub-groups of teachers, as an approach to scaling in-service teacher training. Also, this action will examine the curricular, pedagogical, technological, organizational, economic, socio-cultural, and political factors that impact on the inclusivity, quality, and efficiency of TPD@Scale implementation in Uzbekistan contexts and for different sub-groups of teachers. Within this activity, the capacities of the Ministry of Public Education, and in-service teacher education institutions, teachers; school heads and other instructional leaders; educational policymakers and planners will be enhanced to design, develop, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve TPD@Scale implementation for Uzbekistan’s context.Detailed tasks decription
Under the overall authority of the Head of UNESCO Tashkent Office and the direct supervision of UNESCO Tashkent NPO in Education, the incumbent shall support working within the project framework and in collaboration with the project institutions and international researchers on the project.
Detailed task description for the incumbent is as follows:
- Providing technical and analytical contribution in the design and implementation of the research activities planned within this project, and ensuring timely execution, anticipate bottlenecks and take appropriate actions to address the challenges;
- Contributing in selection and engagement of teachers and national experts of the project;
- Preparing related documents (including concept notes for regional meetings, workshop/meeting programmes and synthesis reports), guidelines, as well as other documents that may be needed for the implementation of planned activities within this project;
- Setting up and maintaining external and internal communication strategy of the project;
- Providing technical and analytical inputs in preparing briefings and progress reports;
- Draft correspondence and maintain close communication with the Ministry of Public Education, the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, Teacher Education Institutions in Uzbekistan and their affiliated institutions;
- Contribute in content development and delivery of workshops/meetings/conferences planned within this project working in close collaboration with the project’s national and international exprts;
- Provide contribution in developing the technical reports of the project;
- Ensure monitoring of the quality implementation of the project activities; Participate and provide technical inputs in meetings as required.
- Provide other support requested from the ED Unit supervisor.
- Masters Degree or higher in the field of education, ICT in Education, social sciences, project management, and/or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in the field of education or related field – education and pedagogy, ICTs and economics;
- Experience in providing support for the management and implementation of programmes and/or projects in the field of education;
- Relevant experience in the field of research and analysis.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Uzbek required, good knowledge of Russian desirable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UNESCO programmes in the field of education;
- Clear understanding of the national education system, national policies and programmes in education with particular focus on ICTs and teacher professional development;
- Ability to undertake research and analysis activities including the collection and synthesis of information and data from various sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to draft clearly and concisely and to produce high level quality briefings and other documents;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to maintain effective working relations within a multi-cultural environment, including with the ministries of education;
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail and quality of work.
- Sense of diplomacy, tact and discretion;
- Excellent IT skills, including good knowledge of content management tools and standard office software.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website and UNESCO's career website.ASSESSMENT
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.