The Information Technology Division (CIO) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CIO performs on behalf of the Organization the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO's information and data; protecting FAO's information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization's global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer
the consultant will act as Project Portfolio Manager within the IT Division performing the following functions.Technical Focus
The incumbent will manage the portfolio of IT projects within the IT division, provides project management support and, where needed, coordinates with project managers of the IT division and with business units.
Tasks and responsibilitiesThe incumbent will:
Provide strategic guidance to management on the Project Portfolio, advising on performance, risks and concerns with the overall Portfolio.
Manage the IT Project Portfolios (groups of projects or programs) by creating visibility on project plans, status, dependencies, risks, and issues.
- Align programs, projects and operations to strategic objectives.
- Measure, rank and prioritize programs and projects.
Ensure compliance with the defined project management methodology and standards, effective management of scope-time-resource triple constraint, quality delivery of expected outcomes and outputs, and active engagement with stakeholders.
Manage the implementation and operations of a project management discipline or culture across business and projects by promoting a standard project management methodology, establishing governance mechanisms, encouraging the use of templates, establishing a project management platform for sharing and collaboration, providing guidance on executing projects, and enforcing tracking and reporting of progress.
Perform change management and mapping of customer experience journeys in projects, products, and services.
Work closely with Project managers to define their change management approach, identify and plan for impact on business operating model, and design their training approach and continuous user adoption.
Manage actively and track critical paths and milestones across projects. Ensure timely, relevant, and sufficient reporting to senior management in order to make informed decisions.
Measure the performance of the delivery of all IT projects and initiatives portfolio.
Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) or metrics, mechanisms to measure, and processes for continuous improvement.
Contribute to the management of the IT project portfolio, work closely with business units in their investment proposals, and assist the CIO management in driving governance over investments and projects.
- Manage Project implementation when needed (Project management)..
- Perform any other duties, as required
- University degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering, Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- For Consultants: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the following, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
For PSA: Working knowledge of English.
- Project Management Certification such PMI, PMP, Prince 2, & Agile SCRUM or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of working experience in IT project management
- Results Focus.
- Building Effective Relationships.
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Seven years of relevant experience in the areas of Portfolio project management, Project management, planning, organizing, and resourcing.
- Proven skills in the areas of Project Management, planning, organizing, budget, and finance with a careful attention to detail to continuously monitor progress actions and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to interact with peers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English, concisely in writing and verbally.
- Ability to take instructions from management and ensure follow up.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise reports in English and to communicate complex technical information to non-technical colleagues in a simple manner.
- Proven experience in working in the area of Project Portfolio Management and in Project Management Office or managing large scale and complex projects.
- Extent and relevance of experience in roles related to Project Management and Business Analysis.
- Extent and relevance of experience of building relationships with business units.
- Experience in developing complex business cases, benefit/cost analysis, project briefs and requirements documentation related to ICT solutions.
- Certification on ITIL