Labor Markets Division Project Assistant Background: The Labor Markets and Social Security Division (LMK) is looking for a project assistant to support our staff in headquarters and the region in the preparation, processing, monitoring, supervision and execution of the Bank’s operational products (loans, technical cooperations, and economic and sector work products). The IDB works to achieve regional goals in poverty reduction, equity of opportunities and improvement of labor productivity, through the strengthening of employment and training services, improvement in the Design and scope of social security, and Analysis of labor markets and labor information. To achieve these goals, the IDB is currently focusing on analytical work and projects in the following four main areas: Intermediation, Labor Training, Labor Force Migration and Social Security. The team: Our Social Sector (SCL) is a multidisciplinary team that invests in people as the means to improve lives and overcome the development challenges in the countries we serve. Weformulate public policy solutions to reduce poverty and improve the delivery of education, work, social protection, and Health Services. Our objective is to advance a more productive region, with equal opportunities for both men and women and greater inclusion of the most vulnerable groups. LMK promotes an increase and job improvement in Latin America and the Caribbean. What you will do: Design and supervision of operational productsApply Now
- Oversee the successful processing of all operational documents while ensuring the highest quality and timeliness.
- Register activities and monitor execution of operations through the Convergence platform to ensure that all project information is up to date on a regular basis.
- Provide comprehensive assistance to the Division Chief, Specialists and Project Teams in document preparation and quality control of all phases of operational products.
- Assist Division Specialists throughout the process of operational product preparation, such as loans and technical cooperations projects. This includes performing background research and assistance in the preparation, editing and processing of documents to
- ensure accuracy, completion, quality of final products, as well as compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of mission programs, its documents and reports in Convergence to ensure compliance with Bank Policy and Departmental Procedures
- Provide information for the bi-annual loan and annual technical cooperation portfolio monitoring exercises.
- Participate and represent the Labor Market Division in operational meetings organized by the Social Sector Department or other departments, as needed.
- Anticipate and manage impact of changes (e.g., technology, processes, organization, goals) on policies and procedures and support the Division Chief, Specialists and Project Teams in the adoption of these changes.
- Be responsible for drafting and updating the internal operational procedures and sample templates under the Division’s Procedural Manual.
- Conduct operational and other related research, and prepare customized presentations, graphics, charts, statistical analysis, and reports as required by the Division Chief and Specialists.
- Coordinate, collaborate and provide logistical and administrative support in the organization of conferences and meetings.
- Review and ensure accuracy and compliance of Bank policies and departmental procedures in the preparation and Administration regarding budget and procurement processes for individual consultants and firms.
- Education: you hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent ('licienciatura') in Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Public Policy or relevant field.
- Experience: You have at least 5 years of relevant experience of the duties and accountabilities of this position. In addition, you have proven experience in similar positions, preferably at a similar level in an international/multilateral organization. Excellent communications skills are also required.
- Languages: You are fluent (oral and written) in English and Spanish. Knowledge of an additional official IDB Group language (French or Portuguese) is a plus.