I. Position InformationApply Now
Position title: Project Assistant (Field Monitor)
Position grade: G4
Duty station: Guyana
Job family: Emergency Preparedness & Response
Reports directly to: Project Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 0
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Guyana, and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will support the implementation of project activities in Guyana.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1.Assist in the implementation of project activities ensuring that procedures for carrying out projects meet IOM standards;
2. Participate in the planning of future project intervention and suggest possible areas of intervention.
3. Report regularly to project officer on the status of project implementation.
4. Assist in the logistic preparation and implementation of training sessions, workshops, meetings, and other activities pertaining to IOM projects/programs;
5. Undertake duty travel related to project/Programme Implementation.
6. Assist in the operational and administrative activities of the project
7. Assist in the drafting of all required project reports and note for files and background information requested by the Government, donor(s) and other entities.
8. Support in the liaison with Government partners, donors, the UN and civil society partners.
9. Support the direct assistance to cases of vulnerable migrants.
10. Do follow up visits to case of vulnerable migrants who received support from IOM.
11. Maintain orderly filing and document retrieval systems;
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
The qualified candidate should possess:
- University degree in Development Studies, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Relevant professional experience in the fields of supporting project implementation and coordinating with local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Strong background in protection, gender and rights-based approach to development;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
- Prior experience of working in the field of migration, preferably with vulnerable migrants, victims of trafficking or in counter-trafficking will be a significant advantage;
- Prior experience working for IOM, a UN agency or another international organisation will be an advantage.
- Administrative and/or project management experience
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.