Position: Project Assistant -CASH
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Direct hierarchy: Project Manager
Contract duration: 6 Months
Location: Samburu County, Kenya
Starting date: July, 2020
Background on ACTED
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of a PROJECT ASSISTANT CASH in Samburu County, Kenya.
The PROJECT ASSISTANT- CASH main role will be to organize the beneficiaries in each division to implement the project activities, and to facilitate and monitor these same activities in order to comply with ACTED rules and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out Community Mobilization and assist the team in Capacity Building activities with community members and elders.
- Liaise with communities and beneficiaries as needed and carry out daily implementations of field activities.
- Carry out beneficiary identification, selection, training, development activities and sensitization as needed or requested.
- Work with ACTED management and comply with rules and procedures.
- Assist with weekly and monthly planning and reporting to the Project Manager.
- Keep the line manager regularly updated on all issues related to the project activities.
- Carry out daily implementation of field activities as required/directed.
- Supervise and ensure correct and accountable documentation of all activities, including checking attendance sheets, stock reports, meeting minutes, along with ensuring that all necessary amounts or signatures are collected.
- Listen too, receive and document community feedback and pass this on to Project Officer in a timely manner, and deliver and document responses to community feedback.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the direct supervisor
- Degree or a higher Diploma in Community Development, Social Studies, Agriculture, Water Technology, Disaster Management or related
- Experience implementing cash based assistance projects is mandatory
- At least 2 years of involvement in the community work; mobilizing outreach activities, or training communities-with NGOs in Kenya.
- Must be a Kenyan national with good communications skills (both oral and written).
- Must speak at least one of the local dialects in Samburu County.
- Good geo-political understanding of the county.
- Possess skills in proposal and report writing, project cycle management and participatory Monitoring and Evaluation of projects.
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure in Emergency situations.
- Strong commitment to the organization’s mission, vision and strategies.
- Ability to manage time, multitask and prioritize.