Duties and Responsibilities: Candidates will primarily be responsible for executing work related to Financial Management and providing administrative support for project implementation I. Financial Management:
- Preparation of expenditure reports, budgets, revisions and projections for the CCRE team etc.
- Preparation of the financial reports for donors, UNDP and Government as per the requirement.
- Process timely payments of vendors, travel and other claims of staff. Coordinate with vendors and UNDP finance team for timely payment.
- Coordinate with Finance team for filing responses for Government Ministries on project and its Finances.
- Coordinate with Central Ministries and State Government for smooth project fund flow as per the Government of India and UNDP guidelines.
- Assist in preparation of legal documents for contracting and procurement of goods and services, including maintenance and physical verification of assets.
- Facilitate financial audits and process annual, half yearly and quarterly financial progress Reports.
- Filling and documentation of important papers
- Provide administration and operational support at the central/national level.
- Draft letters, invitations, meeting agenda and meeting minutes and make travel arrangements as needed.
- Organize logistics for meetings/workshops/ events.
- Support and guide States Project Management units in all the financial, administrative and operational issues.
- Coordinate with counterpart in Central Ministries and State Departments to seek/provide project related information.
- Assist in collation and compilation of data and information from the concerned implementing partners
- Facilitate in preparing and monitoring contracts, follow ups with the contractors/consultants
- Maintaining project documents, inventory, correspondence and communications
- Any other function as required pertaining to the effective implementation of the climate change programme.
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (should be able to independently draft official communications)
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Intra-Internet, e-mail applications etc. Knowledge of other applications such as Front Page, Publisher and some multimedia tools would be useful.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Ability to liaise and work with people of different backgrounds
- Ability to work well under pressure.
A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.Experience: Essential:
5 years of relevant experience in financial management and general administration or Programme Support service.Desirable:
Experience of working with international organizations, NGOs/ INGOs including the UN.Language Requirements:
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Hindi
- Language skills common in the programme State is preferred.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.