Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
The national UN Volunteer / Project Assistant will provide support to the Project Manager in implementation of everyday activities under the Project. The Project Assistant will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager. The Project Assistant will be responsible for administrative (contractual, organizational and Logistics) issues and the issues related to finance and procurement (procurement of services and goods, payments, accounting, Cash Management and others).
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Assistant will include:
- Financial Management support:
- Preparation of budget revisions of the project;
- Preparation of documents for payment in accordance with SOP; work in Atlas system;
- Monitoring of project expenditures in accordance with the work plan and UNDP procedures;
- As necessary, preparation of cash advance requests and securing of reporting in accordance with UNDP procedures.
- Administrative support:
- Preparation of travel requests for the employees of the Project, consultants and other participants in accordance with UNDP standard operating procedures;
- Solution of organizational issues on reservation and acquisition of tickets and others; securing visa support, arrangement of transport and accommodation in a hotel and etc. during the visits of foreign experts;
- Support in preparation of contracts in accordance with UNDP requirements and procedures and exercising control over observance of contract terms and periods;
- Assistance to Project Manager in keeping close contacts with the project partners and other organizations by means of direct contacts, collection of information and proposals, registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence, preparation of draft letters and organization of meetings;
- Keeping the catalogue of archive data, inclusion of all data on contracts, reports and etc. into it, revision and updating of them in an established format for subsequent use;
- Development of a catalogue of materials on monitoring of the project and project activities (correspondence, reports, budget and financial expenses) in accordance with UNDP requirements;
- Organization of the process on preparation and logistics of workshops, working meetings, delegations, field expeditions and etc.;
- As required, preparation of basic materials to use during presentations, workshops and briefings;
- Preparation of unofficial translations and, as required, acting as an Interpreter;
- Execution of other related tasks on request of the Project Manager;
- Other duties related to the project.
- Procurement support:
- Development of a plan and monitoring of procurements for every year according to UNDP format;
- Collection and systematization of the information on potential providers/suppliers of services/goods;
- Ensuring tender selection of services and goods providers/suppliers in accordance with the UNDP requirements and procedures;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in administrative and financial support of projects;
- Work experience in UN or UNDP projects or in cooperation with international organizations would be an advantage;
- Fluency in English and Russian. Knowledge of Kazakh will be an advantage;
- Very good writing and editing skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills; as well as good organizational skills;
- Ability to plan and work in a high-pressure work environment under tight deadlines;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Kazakh(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Support in budgetting and financial issues of projects.No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Working in Teams