The GCF Funded Climate Change Mitigation Project “Scaling-up Investment in Low-Carbon Public Buildings” aims to overcome barriers to investment in low-carbon retrofits of public buildings by addressing country and sector-specific investment risks, as follows: Output 1 will provide technical assistance (TA) to public and private sector stakeholders at municipal, cantonal, entity and national level in BiH to help address non-financial barriers, and to create conducive policies, regulations and capacities for implementation of the National Investment Framework for Low-Carbon Public Buildings. Output 2 will facilitate implementation of the National Investment Framework for Low-Carbon Public Buildings, including the required investment support to improve risk-return profiles and to bring prospective low-carbon building projects to financial close. Overall, the project will result in a direct reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of 2,02 million tCO2e over the lifetime of the investments enabled, at a cost to the GCF of US$ 9/tCO2e. Additionally, significant indirect emissions can be expected :7.1 - 8.1 million tons of CO2 reduction due to the project enabled market transformation – yielding a total estimated cost per ton of CO2 reduced to US $1.8. The project will also directly benefit 150,000 people – occupants and users of public buildings (4% of the total population), including 80,000 women, and will lead to creation of over 5,630 new full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs. Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Project Assistant will support the implementation of the “Scaling-up Investment in Low-Carbon Public Buildings” Project funded by Green Climate Fund (GCF). The Project Assistant will be expected to closely coordinate his/her activities with the Project Coordinator. GCF Project Assistant will assist the following Project RP (Responsible Party) – the Federal Ministry of Spatial Planning (FMPU). The Project Assistant will provide assistance in day-to-day implementation of the GCF Project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, especially in smooth collaboration between UNDP and the relevant Responsible Party. The Project Assistant will provide support in the implementation of the different project activities, that are coherent with the project framework. The Project Assistant will undertake assisting the Project Coordinator in overall monitoring of the use of funds, the procurement of materials/equipment executed by UNDP and Responsible Party. The incumbents will be based in the Federal Ministry of Spatial Planning (FMPU).Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe UNDP/GCF Project Assistant shall perform the following tasks within the project's implementation:
- Task 1: Support the overall implementation of the GCF Project’s activities through consistent/regular communication updates with supervisor and other relevant contacts
- Task 2: Provide technical and administrative support to supervisor and other project staff in the implementation of the Project activities
- Task 3: Support to monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the overall Project deliverables through successful Coordination with project staff and relevant stakeholder
- Task 4: Provide assistance in drafting and developing the necessary reports relevant to fulfillment of the required monitoring & evaluation activities
- Task 5: Support to awareness-raising and media campaigns, as well as Knowledge Management between the project staff and relevant stakeholder
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
Required Skills and ExperienceAcademic Qualifications/Education
- University Degree in Technical Sciences (mechanical Engineer, Architect, Civil Engineer, electro engineer), Economics, Business, Political Sciences, or Communications.
- One year of relevant experience in any of the following: financial sector, energy/environment, technical sciences.
- Good written and verbal command of the Local languages and English language.
- Knowledge/understanding of energy environment and relevant EU directives would be an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and email communication software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as drafting skills;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track and juggle multiple tasks;
- * Technical Criteria weight-70%
- * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work; or sample of previous document/strategy/paper done by the consultant
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.