- Strengthening the integration of the business sector of developing countries and economies in transition into the global economy,
- Improving the performance of trade and investment support institutions for the benefit of small and medium size enterprises (SMEs), and enhancing the abilities of trade support institutions to better support them,
- Improving the international competitiveness of SMEs.
About the ReMIT Project:
The ITC - Revenue Mobilisation, Investment and Trade Programme (ReMIT) is a component in the framework of a larger DFID-funded Technical Assistance (TA) to support Pakistan to implement reforms that lock-in macroeconomic stability and improve conditions for high and sustained growth, mutual prosperity, job creation and poverty reduction.
This programme will provide technical assistance worth £5 million over four years (2020-2024) aimed to support Revenue Mobilisation, Investment and Trade in Pakistan, thus contributing to sustainable and inclusive economic development in the country.
The ITC project aims to promote and enhance international trade competitiveness in Pakistan by enhancing the transparency of cross-border requirements, removing regulatory and procedural barriers, strengthening business capability to comply with trade formalities and standards, as well as by improving cross-border trade.
The Action will operate through three areas of intervention:
- Pakistan National Export Strategy: Developing and supporting the implementation of Pakistan’s National Export Strategy (NES) elaborated through public and private dialogue;
- Trade Policy: Improving market access opportunities for Pakistani businesses by implementing trade policy reforms and addressing trade barriers, and;
- Trade Facilitation: Implementing trade facilitation reforms reflecting public-private consensus and improving business compliance with cross-border requirements.
The Action will target its technical assistance towards trade policymakers, trade-support institutions and businesses, with a special focus on women-led enterprises and their participation in international trade. The project will assist in addressing trade barriers faced by women-owned businesses in cross-border trade. For this, women businesses and associations will be key participants in capacity-building activities and consultations, mainstreaming their perspectives on trade barriers and including them in public-private dialogues to address them.
ITC seeks to hire a project assistant to support the project team in implementation of the programme in close cooperation with Geneva- based administrative team.
- The outputs expected from the ReMIT Project Assistant are:
- Provide administrative support to the project
- Provide support in effective coordination with Geneva based project management, the donor, project stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Support in development of communication strategies
- Assist in developing financial and technical reports
- Maintain project financial, HR and administrative record
- Prepare and present quotations, invoices and other financial vouchers for approval and maintain record
- Assist in formatting documents and preparing reports
Functions / Key Results Expected
Administrative Support: Perform administrative tasks, under the guidance of supervisor(s), related to above-mentioned ReMIT project activities, such as:
- assist in procurement processes;
- financial authorizations;
- expenditure, monitor project funds availability and report requirements;
- undertake administrative follow-up as needed for all activities.
- draft routine and non-routine correspondence (both on project related and administrative matters);
- revise and format draft documents (project documents, reports, etc.), design/prepare project-related documents for publication;
- assist in the preparation of papers and presentation involving data/information/statistics on the work of supervisor(s), including contributions to the administrative sections of final and progress reports of TC programmes and projects;
- collect project-related information for appendices of the Annual Report;
- assist in the preparation of promotional material, and database maintenance, as required;
- monitor information provided on website and propose updates in line with activities undertaken or planned, as appropriate.
Budgets and travel: Carry out and assume over responsibility for administrative tasks and related follow-up such as:
- prepare budgets for project activities, travel requests;
- make arrangements for missions for staff on projects as well as consultants and experts;
- prepare F-10 claims and ensure that payment has been received by traveller;
- extract/summarize information from records, intranet or webpages for use by supervisor(s).
Miscellaneous support Perform other related duties, as assigned, including:
- maintain information channels with project staff and supervisor(s) on mission; In the absence of supervisor(s), recommend/monitor action to be taken in particular on matters related to programmes and projects;
- perform any other duties assigned by Project Manager
ITC’S VALUES are: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
ITC’S CORE COMPETENCIES are: Communication, Teamwork, Planning & Organizing, Accountability, Creativity, Client Orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Technological awareness.
ITC’S MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES are: Vision, Leadership, Empowering Others, Managing Performance, Building Trust, and Judgment/Decision making.
For further information on competency-based interview, please visit: www.intracen.org
Education and Work experience:
- Secondary School Certificate or equivalent education and office training or equivalent.
- With a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- English (Fluent), Urdu (Fluent) Knowledge of local languages is an asset
Required knowledge and skills:
- Computer skills: E-mail (Fully proficient), Internet (Fully proficient), Spreadsheets (Fully proficient), Word processing (Fully proficient), Proficient use of MS Office, internet and computer software for monitoring funds and budget revisions
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the UN system and procedures or experience of DFID-related projects would be an asset
HEC attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UNDP. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to(i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, orii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UNDP provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interviews, selection or induction etc. Moreover, UNDP does not concern itself with any information on the applicants bank accounts
"UNDP has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment (SH) and Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (SEA)”.