The Gender, Policy and Advocacy Programme Specialist, provides high-level Programme Management for the UNFPA gender dynamics and mainstreaming portfolio. This includes substantial project management of UNFPA supported activities in the gender dynamics and mainstreaming, as well as advocacy and policymaking. S/he oversees Programme Planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, joint programming initiatives in the support of government priorities, while working in an integrated and collaborative manner with the Country Office’s programme and operations staff. The Gender, Policy and Advocacy Programme Specialist post is located in the South African Country Office (CO) and reports to the Country Representative. How you can make a difference: UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for Family Planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In a world where fundamental Human Rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results. Qualifications and Experience Education: Master’s Degree in one of the following Master’s degree in Public health, social sciences, demography, development studies or related fields. Knowledge and Experience:Apply Now
- 5 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in public health, gender, demography, international development, project management and other related fields.
- Experience working in collaboration with government, development partners, Civil Society Organizations and private sector.
- Excellent technical drafting and report/proposal writing and presentation and Interpersonal Communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with team members to achieve demonstrable results.
- Demonstrable capability to cultivate strategic partnerships and to maintain political relations for programme development.
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly in current office Software Applications