WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.VACANCY DETAILS:
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SB-4)
Location : Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Duration of Employment : 1 Year (Renewable, depending on availability of funds)
Reporting to : Head of Supply Chain & PDS UnitORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is committed to saving lives in emergencies and changing lives through sustainable development. WFP is working with 83 countries around the world, supporting governments in their efforts to achieve their targets under Sustainable Development Goal 2 – improve access to food, ending all forms of malnutrition and promoting sustainable Agriculture.
WFP’s work is aligned to Government of India’s priorities and United Nations Sustainable Development Framework (UNSDF) for India. Through their Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), WFP India is a partner to the Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD), Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India (GoI) as well as state governments of Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand in the implementation of the National Food Security Act (NFSA), the end-to-end computerisation of the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) as well as supply chain optimization.
WFP is partnering with the Government of Uttarakhand to provide technical assistance for Enhancing the capacities and support The Government efforts towards achievement of sustainable development goal 2.JOB PURPOSE
The Programme Policy Officer (TPDS) will support the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affair Department in Uttarakhand by providing technical assistance in the areas of use of technology, data collection and Analysis, supply chain management, ICT, project management and implementation related activities. Key responsibilities include - providing core technical and project management inputs on implementation of TPDS reforms and coordination of all activities of WFP in Uttarakhand.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Supply chain and PDS Unit, WFP, India New Delhi and in close coordination with the Commissioner of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs (FCS&C) Department, Government of Uttarakhand; the Programme Policy Officer (TPDS) will be responsible to perform the following duties:
- In close collaboration with the Commissioner, FCS&C Department, he/she will provide inputs on core technical and implementation related aspects regarding TPDS end-to-end computerization and supply chain optimization after consultation and approval from the WFP Head of Supply chain and PDS Unit:
- Contribute to the development of policies, guidelines, plans and budgets and manage the deployment of systems and solutions aligned with business needs and in accordance with global technical standards to ensure access to food in the state.
- Monitor and maintain ICT systems, solutions and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues. Create Functional and technical requirements and evaluate proposed technologies and specifications for their appropriateness/efficiency.
- Evaluate existing ICT systems deployed by State Government, recommend and support in enhancements of the systems.
- Evaluate all technical (Hardware/Software) standards/technologies proposed by PMC/PIU/NIC/External vendors.
- Review the SRS, Traceability matrix, Design documents, implementation plans etc. submitted by PIU/PMC or external vendors.
- Assist States/empanelled agencies in creation and review of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Creation and evaluation of RFPs, EoIs (Expression of Interest), Master Service Agreement (MSA), Work Orders, LoI (Letter of Intent) etc.
- Conduct inter-ministerial/stakeholder consultations with D/o IT, NIC, and UIDAI etc.
- Assist the state government in coordinating the vendor selection process for each process.
2. Assist the Commissioner, FCS&C Department with monitoring and regular progress reporting to the relevant stakeholders and committees:
- Leverage MIS to monitor performance and identify key technical and operational issues being faced by the implementation teams – work with relevant stakeholder for resolution.
- Data analysis and reporting of various components of E2E computerization as per the requirement.
- Flag any technical, policy or procedural issues & concerns.
- Collate and analyse data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on technical solution development/deployment activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible. Conduct in-depth analysis of the identified challenges and problem areas.
- Work closely with vendors and system integrators to ensure proper service quality and to monitor output.
- Preparation of model documents, financial feasibility analysis or any other materials.
3. In collaboration and under guidance of Head supply chain and PDS unit perform the following activities:
- Liaise with project implementing authorities at state level, interact with local partners for the implementation of the projects, guide the project management unit, provide implementation support, training and technical advice.
- Follow up with government for allocation of funds.
- Provide inputs to the CO programme officers for well informed decision making.
- Monitor implementation progress and communicate issues with CO programme officers.
- Provide weekly status reports to the CO on the activities undertaken.
- Prepare and compile relevant data and create detailed technical specifications for all components of the solution/implementation from various stakeholders and share with relevant CO Programme officers for analysis and representation.
- Prepare overall progress report for the achievements and milestones achieved in the State.
- Planning, implementing and tracking of the activities as per the signed MoU with the Government of Uttarakhand.
- Collate and compile best practices from the areas of work.
- Coordinate missions from CO/HQ. This would include arranging meetings, creating briefing documents, arranging hotels and transportation etc.
- Any other additional activities as and when required.
Education: Advanced University degree in any of the following disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Applications, or other field relevant or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses related to Information and Communication technologies, Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience working in the related areas of e-governance, systems design and development, implementation of computer / IT systems, project planning, coordinating and implementing large scale technology/e-governance solutions with government or a development agency. Experience in working independently with minimum supervision, often in fluid and ambiguous situations will be required. The candidates should have experience in minimum 2 of the below ICT fields:
- Experience in solution design, coding/testing, web/Mobile Application, handling multiple stakeholders and large-scale project implementation.
- Experience in Database (Oracle/Sql etc.) design/implementation and one programming/Scripting language (Java/.net/C/C++/Python).
- Advanced skills in networking (TCP/IP, Layer 2/3), web design, cloud computing, server architecture.
- Experience in project planning, monitoring and execution while maintaining the required process and quality of deliverables.
The post holder should have strong technical, analytical and problems solving skills; ability to think through complex issues to conceptualize, design and execute actions plans. Demonstrate passion and motivation with the ability to manage complexities, multiple tasks with commitment to deliver against multiple, tight deadlines at work. Excellent team player with an ability to work collaboratively, share information and build strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds while focusing on impact and results. Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and documentation skills with a focus on effective procedural documentation. Maturity and presence required to effectively participate and contribute in meetings with senior government officials.
Knowledge of the Indian Government bureaucracy and TPDS operations required. Sound Knowledge of project planning and management, preferably in the IT transformation or e-governance space.
Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi is essentialTERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted. A written test will be used as a form of screening. In the event your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide in advance a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/ certificate(s) required for this position.
This is a national position therefore candidates who are non-indian nationals will not be considered.
Mode of Engagement:
The salary for this position is Minimum INR. 14,69,279/- per annum depending upon the last drawn remuneration of the candidate, plus medical benefits as per WFP's plan.
All tax liability for payments from this contract are to be borne by the subscriber.
WFP is committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. WFP adheres to “zero tolerance policies” in the workplace.
Applications for the positions are to be submitted online on the E-recruitment links as mentioned below: https://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Note: Candidates are requested to Create an account in the system before applying. Candidates curriculum and applications will be registered and allows them to update their profile and apply for a job through wfp careers website.DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
VACANCY CLOSING DATE : 21-June-20
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.