Position Title : Programme Officer, Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) (2 positions) Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2 Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible Closing Date : 01 April 2020 Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity. Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process. For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:Apply Now
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
- Provide administrative support to the RMM projects, including the CRISP Programme, to assist them in carry out their immediate to long-term objectives as defined in the programme documents, including support for the country assessments, country-level self-evaluation exercises, and identification of necessary components to develop or strengthen in establishing a resettlement programme.
- Support and assist with the set-up, roll out and implementation of CRISP and other programmes, including coordination with donors, IOM COs and partners such as UNHCR.
- Assist with the implementation of programme work plans, including support for the development of country level plans and budgets. For CRISP, build on the model used during the launch of the ERCM.
- Liaise internally with the IOM divisions for organizing meetings, drafting meeting summaries, collecting information and inputs.
- Assist with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and the utilization of reporting templates for tracking programme progress at the country level, and assist in the compilation of information for the preparation of donor reports.
- Assist in conducting midterm reviews and other relevant M&E to assess the progress and gaps more in depth and provide recommendations.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to communications and public information, by contributing to the development of slide presentations, press notes, Talking Points, situation reports, and newsletter.
- Develop infographics representing programme achievements on resettlement and other components for inclusion in RMM Portal and other fora.
- Consult and collaborate with staff at IOM Headquarters and in IOM Country Offices to advance programme objectives as needed, such as through staff surveys, questionnaires, data collection and information gathering.
- Assist in preparing for and participating in regular calls with country offices, bilateral meetings with UNHCR and the donor meetings.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.