Minimum age: 35 years old. Applicants must nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Support Innovation strategic platform formulation processes in Tanzania
- Support the Technical specialist in facilitation related to establishment and strengthening of the strategic innovation Platform.
- Support the Coordination preparations of meetings and other high-level engagements by the secretariat.
- Pro-actively Participate in activities related to Tanzania ecosystem engagement.
- Support Local and International consultants navigating the Tanzania innovation ecosystem during programme formulation
- Support facility activities related to the UNDP accelerator lab programme.
- Support and participate in the designing of all related communication products/materials and different stages of establishment.
- Support activities related to the establishment of the Association of hubs as initiated by the Human Development and Innovation Fund.
Perform other duties as instructedMaster degree or equivalent
Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferably in the area of Economics, Law, Finance, Social Sciences, International Trade/Relations, or related international development fields180 Months
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in development programming especially in Innovative Financing
- Proven managerial experience (min 5 years)
- Highest strategic thinking and creative thinking skills
- Strong networks in the Tanzanian innovation ecosystem
- Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative public speaking.
- Has highest people skills, and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong writing skills, with strong preference for knowledge and experience in writing for private sector audiences.
- Sound experience in proposal writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to understand and use Web-based Applications and platforms
- Good familiarity with basic computer programmes
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Presents complex, conceptual ideas in practical terms to others
- Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations;
- Contributes reliable production of knowledge services and transactions;
- Adapts deliverables to meet client needs;
- Interprets policy within context and applies with judgment;
- Anticipates obstacles and applies practical solutions.
- Agile, tech savvy and passionate about Science, technology and innovation
- Learns to relate constructive knowledge to others;
- Presents coherent Analysis;
- Represents self and work with appropriate professional standards; eager to voice new ideas;
- Respects difference of opinion;
- Gains trust of peers, partners, clients;
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams