Organ: The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive digital transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:Apply Now
- Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
- Partnerships for Digital Development Department
- Digital Networks & Society Department
- Digital Knowledge Hub Department
- Identifies, develops, plans and organizes activities to support the work of BDT on GIGA (UNICEF/ITU School Connectivity Initiative), including managing of the project documents within BDT and between BDT and UNICEF.
- Plans and organizes meetings related to GIGA (UNICEF/ITU School Connectivity Initiative) and the Broadband Commission Working Group on School Connectivity related to GIGA.
- Coordinates and guides the work of the BDT staff assigned to GIGA, when required.
- Provides advice and inputs in the planning and organization of regional/country engagement activities related to GIGA (UNICEF/ITU School Connectivity Initiative), including steering committees and the preparation of contractual documents prior to regional/country engagement.
- Coordinates the management of donor funded activities related to GIGA (UNICEF/ITU School Connectivity Initiative), including compliance related activities such as required donor reporting.
- Undertakes research on any work done in the past by ITU and any other organization related to school connectivity and prepares the respective reports/case studies and lessons learned.
- Drafts and designs external content and materials related to GIGA (UNICEF/ITU School Connectivity Initiative), including key project documents and proposals, coordination of the GIGA website and key messages and marketing materials between ITU and UNICEF including coordination with the BDT Communications Team.
- Manages and updates the ITU/UNICEF document and meetings related tools such as Teams and Share Point.
- Performs any other duties advised by the supervisor.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation, and; Planning and Organizing.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Computer literacy (office, web-based tools, databases/content management systems). Good knowledge of global and regional emerging trends in field of ICTs, i.e. technologies, policies, and regulatory frameworks. Excellent research, drafting and presentation skills in English. Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.