- Coordinate the overall Programme implementation according to the programme document;
- Liaise with the Programme steering committee, counterparts, donors, UN Women and partners to ensure the Programme results are achieved and resources are managed;
- Prepare and present work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports to the Programme steering committee and UN Women and other stakeholders as necessary;
- Establish systems for programme planning, implementation and monitoring in collaboration with partners;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
- Manage relationships with regional implementing partners to support implementation of the Spotlight Regional Programme Stream I component, raise potential problems and provide solutions;
- Provide substantial guidance to partners on establishment of performance indicators, and monitoring achievement of results;
- Identify Capacity Building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training, and cross partner learning and sharing, and Capacity Development initiatives; develop training materials and workshops, as necessary.
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the programme;
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds by partners;
- Finalize annual and quarterly reports; finalize the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide inputs from Spotlight Regional Programme Stream I component activities and results to Country Office reporting;
- Ensure the delivery of baseline, monitoring, evaluation plans and reports (flash, progress and final) based on information compiled from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Supervise and manage a team of professional and administrative personnel, review performance and mentor/ coach personnel;
- Develop and prepare of financial resources of the programme including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Oversee and monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners;
- Ensure appropriate actions are taken to optimize use of programme funds.
- Coordinate the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Determine programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women, country needs and donors’ priorities and develop the relevant partnerships;
- Participate in on-going coordination mechanisms to ensure coherence of the programme with other country-level processes.
- Develop briefs on programme achievements;
- Ensure documentation of the programme implementation process and products produced are in accordance with UN Women guidelines;
- Coordinate exchange of information and knowledge products internally and externally of the programme;
- Organize major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of EVAW;
- Excellent programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to lead the development of detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them for development results;
- Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Strong knowledge of UN programme Management Systems.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public Administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with regional partners, preferably related to EVAW and women’s human rights;
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects; specifically, with different UN agencies;
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of French language is an asset
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.