Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the guidance of the Deputy Representative and Assistant Representative, with the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist on Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH)/Youth, the UN Volunteer will contribute to UNFPA activities in the youth team, supporting the Safeguard Young People (SYP) Programme and 2gether2SRHR programmes and will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide inputs to the development of programme strategies on issues of integrated Sexual and Reproductive and Rights (SRHR)/HIV and Sexual Gender-based Violence (SGBV) and adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights within UNFPA and in the context of Zambia, especially considering the high rates of child marriage, teenage pregnancy and sexual gender-based violence (SGBV) in Zambia and the need to inte-grate interventions:
- Draft Analysis for the Design and formulation of programme/project reports and initiatives in respect to linkages between ASRH, integrated services and youth participation (concept notes, background paper, briefing notes, programme documentation etc);
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned directly linked to the Country Programme Document and its activities.
- Support team leaders with programmatic and administrative functions such as taking minutes for technical meetings, maintaining files, eFACES processes and drafting of correspondences and minutes;
- Assist in the monitoring of the implementation of Safeguard Young People Programme (SYP) and 2gether4SRHR Programmes providing periodic assessment of progress toward achieving of results and maintaining the Data For All reporting system;
- Provide support to Programme Officers for the management of annual workplans and budgets and Implementing partner reports, including on aspects of monitoring and evaluation and draft inputs to the preparation of donor and UNFPA reports as required.
- Ensure that data is provided and collected against the agreed upon indicators using the defined reporting tools and ensures that the SRHR/HIV programme results and those relating to SYP are accurately captured, measured and reported;
- Provide Technical Support to the partner UN agencies to ensure that the necessary M&E systems are established to capture and report on progress in relation to the project, and UNFPA activities on ASRH/Y and 2gether4SRHR, and that reports are submitted timely. Manage the collation of baseline data in relation to the M&E Framework and ensures that agency and country reports are submitted by the participating UN agencies in good time;
- Respond to technical requests from UN and national partners to strengthen their M&E systems and identify adaptations as may be needed;
- Represent UNFPA at relevant inter-agency Coordination meetings and other partner events as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, International Relations and/or social and health sciences, Master's degree is an added advantage;
- Courses and/or additional training in statistics, data, research (quantitative and/or qualitative) and/or multi-Media Platforms will be an asset.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in youth and development programmes, SRH and demography including research, monitoring, learning and communication platforms;
- Strong results based management skills and experiences in development programmes, including the use of knowledge management tools and systems;
- Strong Proficiency in Computer Software packages and social media managment;
- Strong proficiencies in written and spoken English.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Previous experience as a volunteer (especially with youth health and/or vulnerable populations) and/or experience working with in a different culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship).
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams