UNICEF is looking for candidates to support the work of the migratory crisis in the border, specifically in Nariño. The efficiency and effectiveness of the support provided by the programme assistant to the development, implementation and monitoring of programs/projects facilitates the delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the respective section, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF’s capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children. UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up. For every child, At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2015 to the end of 2019 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence. We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira, Caquetá, Atlántico, Arauca and Norte de Santander. How can you make a difference? Under the supervision and guidance of the Emergency Officer, the programme associate supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, programme and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring the Humanitarian Action Plan in Nariño, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations. Summary of key functions/accountabilities:Apply Now
- Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Support in Technical assistance to strengthen the develop of the Humanitarian action plan in Arauca.
- Contribution and support provided to build and reinforce commitment and institutional and communities’ capacities of the national and local partners.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of (6) six years of relevant professional experience in one of the areas worked in UNICEF, field experience is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Good level of English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Requirement: the person must reside, know or have some link with the Nariño region
- Requirement: have knowledge and experience working with Nariño local government
- Requirement: remain at the place of assignment for the duration of the contract
- Requirement: Interest in humanitarian work and commitment and availability to face emergency situations that arise during the fulfillment of the mision.