WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The united nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT WFP Tanzania is working alongside the Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF) in enhancing the quality of its Productive Social Safety Nets (PSSN) public works’ schemes. Under the direct supervision of WFP’s Country Strategic Plan Strategic Outcome 4 (SO4) Manager and the general guidance of the Head of Programme, the Programme Assistant will support the team on a variety of tasks, ranging from administrative duties to the provision of technical programmatic inputs. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)Apply Now
- Assist the SO4 Manager by following up with other units on issues related to Administration and programme.
- Liaise with cooperating partners to seek updates and reports on field activities.
- Contribute to the drafting of reports, concept notes and other documents related to social protection and resilience.
- Contribute to the organization of internal and external events on social protection and resilience.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive database comprising potential funding opportunities and relevant donors.
- Any other task as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences or any related despline.
- Should currently be enrolled in graduate school or have graduated from a BA or MA programme in the past 12 months.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
- Excellent research and drafting skills
- Versatile and flexible team player
- Abilitry to work within team
- Sense of humor is mandatory
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;