MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com. Project Summary: Building Alliances for Local Advancement, Development and Investment – Capacity Building (BALADI CAP) is a 7+ year, USAID-funded program which aims to build the capacity of selected Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to manage and implement grants, foster increased citizen engagement with policy-makers and parliamentary committees, as well as support the continued development of 3 issue-based CSO advocacy networks and targeted advocacy initiatives on selected priority topics, in collaboration and partnership with selected local partners and governmental entities. BALADI CAP will also support selected Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) to provide improved services for vulnerable populations in their communities. Position Summary: MSI is seeking candidates for the full-time/long-term position of Program Officer for its BALADI CAP program namely under the Civic Engagement Initiative (CEI) component encompassing capacity-building activities and small-grants for Lebanese CSOs and FBOs. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Specialist, the Program Officer will be responsible for working with CSO and FBO grantees in the development and implementation of their grant activities. This position works in close cooperation with the Senior Grants Manager, Senior M&E Specialist, Communication Specialist, Finance & HR Manager and under the direction and supervision of the Chief of Party. Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of an assigned portfolio of CSOs and FBOs grantees in the implementation of grant activities to remain up to date on their activities, plans and progress.
- Maintain close Coordination with grantees during execution of the grants, in coordination with the Senior Program Specialist, including tracking milestones, compliance, timelines, deliverables and close-out.
- Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other capacity issues that impact implementation to Senior Program Specialist.
- Conduct regular site visits and attend grantee-sponsored activities and events, as may be required.
- Identify and seize opportunities to promote civil society networking, partnerships and coalition-building.
- Regularly capture success stories and lessons learned on the impact of program and grant-funded activities, in coordination with the Senior Program Specialist and in collaboration with the Senior M&E Specialist and Communication Specialist.
- Contribute to reporting requirements for quarterly and annual reports, work plans, and related deliverables, as may be requested.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred) in a relevant field, i.e. NGO management, business Administration, international development, political science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in project management and/or developing and managing grant program activities in partnership with civil society organizations, preferably under a USAID-funded project.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Lebanese civil society organizations with strong knowledge of their organizational, administrative and Management Systems required.
- Ability and willingness to conduct regular site visits throughout the country required.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills required.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English required.