FHI 360 is a Global Development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in civil society, health, nutrition, education, Economic Development, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. FHI 360’s Civil Society and Peacebuilding Department (CSPD) supports citizens to mobilize effectively to influence policy, improve lives, and build peace. CSPD works with civil society to increase its credibility, visibility and effectiveness by building its capacity to:Apply Now
- Engage with local government to increase its responsiveness to citizen needs;
- Solve community problems, engage youth in civic affairs, and provide needed services to citizens;
- Advocate for social justice, democratic reforms, Human Rights, and effective policies;
- Leverage and/or produce media content, such as for online, radio, and television, to promote social dialogue and tolerance; and
- Promote peaceful solutions to conflict and support peace negotiations.
Job Summary:Provides technical assistance and support to programs in the areas of civil society strengthening, governance, peacebuilding, preventing/countering violent extremism, and youth engagement. Provides administrative, operational, and logistical project support. Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget and tracks deliverables for assigned portfolio of programs. Supports communication efforts related to Program Management and execution. Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. Develops/reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables. Foreign language proficiency is highly desired.
- Provide operational support to program management, including: troubleshooting, updating work plans, procuring goods/services, and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Provide technical and administrative support to develop, edit, translate and disseminate high-quality deliverables, tools, materials, technical reports and briefs, and research papers to clients and others.
- Develop reports, briefing papers, press releases, and presentations as necessary for assigned programs.
- Design, implement, and coordinate specific program activities as assigned.
- Provide technical input to projects, such as monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and conducting literature reviews on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Assist with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes that adhere to company strategy.
- Track performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Facilitate communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites.
- Work with Project Manager and assist with developing budgets, proposals, managing grants, project materials, and information.
- Collect, compile, and analyze information relevant to the program.
- Document and share project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners.
- Liaise with internal units such as finance, contracts, accounts payable, etc., plus external stakeholders (e.g., government officials, local community members, and other organizations).
- Ensure timely implementation and progress of project activities against work plans.
- Identify resource development opportunities and assist with new Business Development efforts.
- Supervise and mentor staff and provides training on systems, policies, and regulations.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures for Program Design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Substantive experience working with or supporting Civil Society Organizations is desired.
- Foreign language proficiency - ability to read, write, and speak frequently with local staff and partners about business topics is strongly preferred. French, Spanish, or Russian is preferred.
- Strong and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and implement corrective action as needed.
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development, Knowledge/Information Services, or Related Field.
- Masters’ Degree or its International Equivalent is preferred in subject such as: Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development, Knowledge/Information Services, or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience with program management, US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English and French.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
- No travel at this time due to coronavirus restrictions. When travel restrictions are lifted, travel is estimated to be 10%-25%