Position Title: Program Graduate Intern
Supervisor: Program Officer
The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in six priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, and Mutare. Under FHI360’s the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive curriculum on HIV prevention, gender norms and social asset building targeted at AGYW in school, out of school and their sexual partners at community level. The core package of interventions consists of social asset building, social protection, family and caregiver skills building, community norms activities that are complemented by provision of youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services.
Summary of Basic Function
The Program Graduate Intern, will report to the Project Officer and supports him/her to manage project operations, administration, finances, and logistics. The Graduate Intern ensures program filing-both hard and soft copies of program documents, reports, MoUs, Contracts and other important program documents). Must have good records maintenance skills. The Graduate intern familiarizes him/herself with FHI 360’s operations and support the PO to process and track program procurements. The Graduate Interns support the PO to organize the DREAMS Project meetings with national and districts staff, sub-partners and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking. .
- Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for the programme team and project staff, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
- Maintain and organize up-to-date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Prepare presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
Entry qualifications and experience
- Recent graduate holding a degree in Social Work, Development Studies or equivalent;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines;
- Work related learning experience in an INGO or developmental sector is required
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.