Program Assistant, OPEN Program
Location: Washington, DC
FHI 360 designs and implements academic, professional, cultural, and youth exchange programs for students and emerging leaders around the world. We are seeking a Program Assistant to support the Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program. OPEN offers professional development opportunities to foreign English educators, learners and other professionals through online university level courses, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), and live webinars. This project is funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs (ECA/A/L).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support by creating purchase requisitions, tracking purchase orders, and processing payment requests, in coordination with the FHI 360 finance team.
- Assists with preparation and submission of documentation for sub-awards and consulting agreements.
- Monitors program inboxes, providing timely and accurate responses to technical and program inquiries.
- Troubleshoots participant technical issues which may be related to registration via the online portal or use of the Canvas LMS.
- Creates mass e-mail campaigns following the program’s outreach calendar and using program templates.
- Liaises with instructors, participants, and posts overseas to support retention and success.
- Performs data entry including updates to support trackers and participant records in the project’s online portal.
- Deploys surveys and processes results.
- Maintains physical and virtual program records.
- Associate’s Degree Required - Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of programs and administrative support experience. At least 1 year of experience in an office setting required.
- Experience working in a Registrar’s Office or in a similar student support capacity preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required; please submit a cover letter in addition to a resume to describe your interest in this specific program and position.
- Ability to manage and process a large volume of data; must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Prior experience with customer service or providing technical support online.
- Proven organizational skills: ability to work independently as well as on a team, take initiative, meet deadlines, solve problems and be flexible.
- Strong computer skills including use of databases, survey software, word processing software, Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, and Google (docs, sheets, forms, etc.).
- Experience using a learning management system (LMS) preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.