- Schedule a high volume of appointments/meetings and manage complex calendars for the team members. Very often meetings are scheduled over a number of time zones (international as well as domestic) and often include multiple communication links (i.e. conference call numbers and/or video conferencing).
- Make arrangements for and track extensive domestic and international travel for the team (including securing visas when required). Travel arrangements may also be required for participants of foundation sponsored meetings.
- Schedule and plan for on-site as well as off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling Logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Create, modify and/or maintain organized files and records.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries.
- Act as liaison for team with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately.
- Work proactively and take initiative to support the varying needs of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience MS SharePoint and OneNote preferred, but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new Software Applications.
- Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to client-service and Problem Solving.
- Experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functioning in a changing environment.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning Coordination.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Associates Degree.
- Experience navigating Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Global Health Programs.
- Experience supporting multiple principles and competing priorities.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.