Procurement Specialist/Senior Associate Background: The division of Financial Management and Procurement Services for Operations (FMP) is looking for a procurement expert to support our operations in Belize. The Team: FMP works in collaboration with IDB partners to support borrowing member countries to strengthen their fiduciary systems, advise on the design and implementation of their operations, and provide effective fiduciary oversight. Given recent technological advances in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, block chain, big data, etc. and their implication for development banking, FMP’s vision is to “Anticipate, build, and transform”. What you will do:Apply Now
- Promote a forward-looking and adaptive mindset that embraces change and disruption as an opportunity to improve the way we work.
- Improve operational, corporate and individual decision making and critical thinking through the sharing of business intelligence, relevant data, and analysis.
- Bring innovation to FMP’s operational and corporate work, incorporating and applying new technologies to facilitate efficient and effective development solutions.
- Encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing with other fiduciary specialists, departments within the Bank, borrowers and third parties on all aspects of the Bank fiduciary policies, procedures and experiences.
- Build professional networks to i) propose comprehensive solutions to strengthen borrowers’ fiduciary systems using internationally accepted methodologies: ii) evaluate project risks and the Executing Agencies’ institutional capacity and formulate programs to strengthen such capacity.
- Carry out supervision of projects, draw independent conclusions and formulate authoritative recommendations to the borrower and the Bank.
- Identify, supervise and promote international best practices in fiduciary matters. Analyze policies, procedures, and design guidelines for their application.
- Provide technical advice in project design and execution on fiduciary related matters including the selection of procurement methods, handling of protests and matters of contention raised by borrowers, bidders and other Bank stakeholders.
- Provide inputs and carry out preventive reviews and ex-post supervision of Bank operations.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities.