Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
The duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist will include:
- Assist in preparing Invitation to Bid (ITB), Request for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP) and other bidding documents calling for the supply of goods, works and services on competitive basis ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Improve Terms of references in terms of procurement rules and requirements and submit to Procurement unit for clearing.
- Prepare market Analysis/research.
- Prepare package for direct contracting.
- Prepare and submit announcement notes to procurement unit for posting tender on website.
- Conduct Pre-bid conferences, including skype conferences with potential bidders
- Prepare pre-bid minutes and submit to Procurement unit for posting on website
- Assist in managing bidding processes, bid evaluations, supplier selections and prepare submissions seeking approval for the contract award.
- Support in preparing contract award including CAP/R/ACP submissions, contract Administration, prepare payment certificates for the goods and services received, and other necessary documents.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information
- Organize procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes
- Complete and process standard purchasing forms.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Update current procurement plan regularly
- Provide updated information on procurement cases status to Project Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, business administration, finance or other related fields.24 Months
Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Kazakh(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Work experience in UN or UNDP projects or in cooperation with international organizations would be an advantageNo
Accountability, Client Orientation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams