Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Within the delegated authority and under the overall guidance of Deputy Resident Representative and direct supervision of Operations Analyst, UNV Procurement Officer ensures effective delivery of procurement services in the Country Office (CO). He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to complex issues related to procurement. The UNV Procurement Officer promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Procurement Department.
The UNV Procurement Officer will works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff to successfully deliver procurement services.
- Plans and facilitates strategy elaboration and implementation of operational procurement in the CO
- Provides analytical inputs to elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, Analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented Procurement Management system.
- CO Procurement business processes Mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit in Coordination with supervisor.
- Analysis and proposals on cost saving and reduction strategies in the CO.
- Analysis and proposals on elaboration of contract strategy, sourcing strategy, quality management, supplier selection, improvement of procurement processes in the CO.
- Supports management of procurement processes for CO, NIM projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies
Analysis of information for preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Preliminary review of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders (POs) are duly prepared and dispatched. Follow up on timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals/ analysis of requirements on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation criteria, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Implementation of e-procurement module.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO.
- Participation in the organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and Communities of Practice
Required Degree Level: Master's degree
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- CIPS (Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations) level 2 is desirable.
Required Experience: 5 years
- At least 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of web-based Management Systems.
- Experience in the Africa region will be an asset but not a requirement.
- Experience in crisis response procurement, recovery programming, is an advantage.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams