Procurement Officer, Yemen Continuous Learning & Evaluation (YCLE), Amman, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
****Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship will be considered. **
The procurement officer will coordinate all RFPs and ensure the project complies with all relevant USAID and MSI procurement and vetting regulations.
- Prepare, manage, and track purchase orders, agreements with consultants, and subcontracts
- Conduct pre-award evaluations for micro purchases, and other agreements, as necessary, and prepare necessary supporting documentation
- Maintain paper and electronic backup documentation for all procurement actions
- Ensure that the program complies with USAID regulations governing procurements, especially those contained in the ADS, AIDAR, and FAR
- Track existing procurements and invoices paid, and process amendments to increase ceiling value, when necessary
- Prepare solicitations for goods and services as needed by the project
- Produce the forms required for procurements, contracts, and other agreements which the program may find necessary (purchase orders, subcontracts, etc.)
- Prepare reports as required by the MSI home office and USAID as per the terms of the program's contract
- A university or equivalent degree in business administration, financial management, human resources, or other related discipline required
- Minimum of three years of experience in contracts and financial management on USAID-funded projects required
- Expertise in USAID FAR, AIDAR and FAR regulations and compliance measures
- Fluency in English and Arabic required
Reasonable Accommodations : MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.