Catholic Relief Services Europe/Middle East and Central Asia Region
Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Compensation Band: 4
Reports to: Operation Manager
Country/Location: Egypt – Garden City Office
The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs. CRS Egypt works in a wide variety of areas within the development field.
Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: the livelihoods program, interfaith peacebuilding program and the education assistance program for refugees. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, and promoting peace and tolerance, to educational grants for refugees, and the protection of children who are victims of trafficking. Additional programming includes Emergency Preparedness and Response projects that arise as need be. A regional Management Quality unit assists the CP support department in developing and maintaining the highest level of operations standards.
CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Cairo, and sub-offices in Maadi.
You will help manage the purchase of goods and services, effectively and efficiently for Catholic Relief
Services’ (CRS) to deliver its mission to serve the poor and vulnerable.
· Search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
· Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
· Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
· Ensuring all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors; and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies in accordance with CRS policies and standards and other donor requirements.
· Assist the administrative / procurement Manager in procedures consistent with CRS, donor, and other regulations with integrity, which may include, but is not limited to: identifying vendors, circulating tenders and soliciting bids, serving on bid committees, collecting and completing necessary documentation, and filing.
· Ensure all procurement records are on file for control and reference.
· Maintain relationships with vendors/suppliers. Continuously solicit input from Project Manager and Project Officers on vendor performance and track/report on experiences.
· Communicate with departments throughout the procurement process until goods have arrived at the designated location.
· Ensure that actions are governed by the highest standards of personal and business conduct as stipulated in the CRS Purchasing Manual, the Conflict of Interest and other relevant policies.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements: Education and Experience
· Graduate degree in a directly related field
· Two years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role.
Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented Required/Desired Foreign Language: Excellent command in English and Arabic. Travel Required: Job requires travel to sites within Cairo metropolitan area.
Key Working Relationships: Supervisory: None.
Internal: All CRS Team Members, Operation Manager, and CRS support functions (finance, IT, HR and Admin).
External: Suppliers and vendors.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer