The Principal is responsible for working with the Director of the team as well as, primarily, with the Banking teams on the Design, development and implementation of national-level and firm-level Technical Cooperation projects related to state owned enterprises across EBRD’s countries of operation. Accountabilities & ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Analyse the legal, policy and institutional setting for the governance of SOEs across EBRD’s countries of operation and related Political Economy challenges.
- Design technical cooperation projects to assist governments in the improvement of SOE strategies, laws and policies as well as on institutional capacity to exercise SOE ownership responsibilities, liaising with relevant internal and country stakeholders.
- Oversee the effective implementation of technical cooperation projects through on-the-ground involvement with the key stakeholders and consultants.
- Coordinate related communication with various teams within EBRD as well as with external organisations.
- Develop monitoring tools and results frameworks.
- Background in business, economics, Law or related field, with preferably at least one postgraduate degree in one of these subjects;
- Experience dealing with state owned enterprises;
- Understanding of governance challenges related to state owned enterprises and relevant experience of working to address them;
- Relevant work experience, including dealing with senior management and/or policymakers, preferably both in the public and private sectors;
- Excellent Project Management skills;