We are currently searching a candidate to support the Portfolio Management Division in monitoring, from signature to repayment, a portfolio of loans and guarantees to private sector and non-sovereign guarantee counterparts primarily in the Infrastructure & Energy sector as well as some Corporate transactions. Background: The Investment Operations Department is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three segment divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, as well as three transversal areas such as the Financial Products and Services Division, the Advisory Services Division and the Portfolio Management Division. The Team: The selected candidate will join the Portfolio Management Division and will work under the direct supervision of the Portfolio Head of Infrastructure & Energy projects. The monitoring will require regular and ad hoc analysis of the counterparts’ financial performance and reviews of the loan documentation to ensure compliance with contracts, covenants etc. The successful applicant will be the central point of contact for the clients assigned to her/his portfolio, identifying breaches and proposing solutions to resolve contractual events, thereby ensuring the stability and financial health of IDB Invest’s portfolio of outstanding loans and guarantees. What you will do: The selected candidate’s main responsibilities involve:Apply Now
- Work autonomously and with other INO/PTM members in overseeing a portfolio of loan and guarantee transactions primarily with project finance and corporate counterparts.
- Obtain and analyze information to assess counterparty compliance with financing agreements and to mitigate risk.
- Conduct financial statement analysis, analyze financial projections, prepare risk rating proposals and periodic supervision reports to assess the credit standing of IDB Invest’s counterparts.
- Assess status/events affecting loans and guarantees and, where necessary, disseminate information/prepare recommendations for appropriate action and next steps.
- Engage directly with borrowers, shareholders, IDB Invest's B-lenders and co-lenders as well as agents and internal counterparts.
- Participate in client monitoring meetings.
- Follow on-going developments in the relevant industry sector(s).
- Ensure that assigned counterparts comply with IDB Invest internal risk policies and guidelines liaising closely with IDB Invest's credit risk management, environmental and social, legal and finance departments, among others.
- Participation in activities that support inclusiveness (mentoring, recruitment, leadership development, on-boarding, etc.
- Propose and support actions to improve and streamline internal processes.
- Contribute to the development and assessment of developmental effectiveness indicators.
- Collect and disseminate loan/guarantee credit risk information
- Provide support to the Portfolio Management Division and the Investment Operations Department in all other tasks required.