The team: We are responsible for the administration and servicing of all loans, equity investment, guarantees and other financial products provided by IDB Invest, the application of pertinent IDB Invest’s policies and lending guidelines as well as related reporting from our area.What you’ll do:
- Collaborate in the administration and servicing of loans, equity investments, guarantees, and other financial products for our clients.
- Monitor the loan arrearages and application of the IDB Invest’s arrears policies and guidelines and all related reporting.
- Oversee and execute the billing process of financial products and other receivables, overseeing also the corresponding collection process.
- Actively participate in the design, implementation, maintenance, and control of loan administration systems and reporting platforms that support the activities of the IDB Group and provide recommendations for performance improvements.
- Participate in discussions with other business units on matters relating to the loan servicing and reporting for IDB Invest transactions, and the development and implementation of new products.
- Review and register in the loan administration system all terms and conditions of financial products’ documentation.
- Provide input and review Development Related Assets’ disclosures in financial reporting.
- Assist business units in the interpretation and application of IDB Invest policies and procedures related to lending guidelines, system functionalities, financial terms, and financial products’ information.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the internal control environment of the PAU.
- Cooperate in the timely and effectively implementation of audit and other recommendations related to the area.
What you'll need:
Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, business administration, accounting, or other relevant fields. CPA or CFA credential is a plus as well as a Master's degree.
Experience: You have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in loan administration, disbursements, billing and collections, acquired within a multinational environment. Knowledge of the financial markets of the Latin America and Caribbean region is a plus.
Languages: Oral and written fluency in English and another Bank language is required (Portuguese, French or Spanish). Strong communication skills are required.
Core and Technical Competencies: You must be proficient in the use of a Loan Management Systems. Previous experience in using ACBS is a plus. Knowledge on Microsoft Office suite is highly desirable as well as the ability of creating reports with tools such as PowerBi.
Opportunity Summary:Type of contract: Consultant Full Time.Length of contract: 6 monthsLocation: Washington D.C.
Requirements: You must have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of private investment development fields, including infrastructure and energy, corporates, financial institutions, financial and non-financial products and services, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization, committed to the development of the private sector of Latin America and the Caribbean by financing loans, equity investments, and guarantees. In addition, IDB Invest partners with clients to provide advisory and training services.
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the Consultant offer will be rescinded.Additional Information