General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- First-level university degree in international studies, public policy, Political Science or Law or related fields;
- Diplomatic experience or experience working in Political Affairs with international organizations or governments;
- Experience in preparing analytical reports;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Knowledge of regional political history and developments;
- Diplomatic and negotiating skills;
- Some knowledge of the OSCE principles and commitments.
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred.
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- Professional fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a Gender Perspective into tasks and activities;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames;
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Knowledge of the local language or most common lingua franca
- Working experience in one or more of the main functional areas of the Missions mandate, preferably in an international environment
- Working experience in the Western Balkans region
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Political and Reporting Unit is essential for the Missions mandate and is responsible for monitoring, Analysis and reporting of the political developments in the country. The Unit consists of Chief, Political and Reporting Unit, Political Adviser, Political/Reporting Unit, and four national staff.
Should you be selected for the Political/Reporting Officer position, under the direct supervision of the Chief, Political and Reporting Unit, you will be responsible for:
- Providing analysis and reports to the Mission senior management on the political situation of the country and trends affecting the Area of Responsibility (AoR);
- Composing all reports as required by the OSCE Delegations and Secretariat in Vienna including Mission Activity Reports, background reports and spot reports;
- Composing the Political and Reporting Units Weekly Political Overview;
- Monitoring and analyzing national and regional political and Security developments;
- Pro-actively preparing policy notes and briefing papers, advising on any issues which require a response or action by the Mission;
- Providing background material and biographical notes for meetings of the senior management with political interlocutors;
- Reviewing information in the form of reports, assessments, briefs, memoranda and other documents concerning political background and Mission activities;
- Meeting with PRU interlocutors such as Political Parties and NGOs representatives, providing notes;
- Assisting in policy development work, including assessing the likely political impact of Mission projects and activities;
- Providing briefings to visitors in the Mission when needed;
- Performing other duties as needed and/or required.
For more detailed information on the work of OSCE Mission to Skopje, please see www.osce.org/skopje
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.