Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations.
Under the direct supervision of the SRSG, Head of UNMIK, the UN Volunteer will assist and provide the SRSG advice on:
- Coordination and cooperation among the Mission’s substantive and administrative components in order to improve performance output and Information Exchange;
- Internal and external policy related matters, including on UNMIK’s interaction with political parties, civil society, community and religious leaders, local and central authorities.
- Cultural heritage and religious matters; functioning of the Implementation and Monitoring Council; liaison with the leadership of all confessions in Kosovo; legislative framework regulating matters of cultural heritage-related property disputes and on Special Protective Zones; cooperation and coordination of effort with the EU Special Representative’s Office, the PM’s Office of Community Affairs on the implementation of the SRSG’s vision and strategy with regard to Trust Building Forum’s recommendations.
- Cooperation with KFOR, Ministry of Internal Affairs, EULEX on issues of protection of cultural heritage sites and functioning of the Special Kosovo Police Unit on protection of cultural sites.
- Property-related issues, reconstruction and construction of property belonging to IDPs; as it may affect minority communities and IDPs;
- Returns and reintegration of IDPs; cooperation with the UNHCR, Ministry of Community and Return, Serbian Commissariat for Refugees, OSCE; UNMIK’s facilitation and support role in ensuring sustainable returns, Access to Services, employment, social development, etc.
- Identification and implementation of Confidence Building Measures Projects and Programmatic Activities program in cooperation with UNKT and civil society;
- Support in developing strategies on prevention of national and regional violent extremism (PVE), building local capacities in cooperation with UNKT.
- Preparing, as required, talking points, background material for SRSG’s meetings; note-to-file, aide- memoire, etc.
At least 3 years of professional experience in International Affairs, Legal Issues, Project Management, Development or Local Governance.
Good computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software. E.g. PowerPoint.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Albanian(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams