Descriptif de l'offre MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES Paris February 29th, 2018 Rue Saint Sabin 75011 PARIS Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian, organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Médecins sans Frontières seeks for its field position: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist - Baghdad, Iraq M/F Mission Context of the mission: MSF France is running a Medical Rehabilitation Center in Baghdad (BMRC) that provides medical rehabilitation care to civilian war wounded patients and intends to offer comprehensive approach with medical services, early physiotherapy, nursing care, pain management and psychological support. BMRC is specialized in the management of lower limb injuries on patients requiring post-surgical rehabilitation. Improving the recovery process aims at preventing short-term medical complications and long-term physical and psychological impairments. The MSF BMRC includes an in-patient facility for the first phase of treatment, and an out-patient department for the patients' follow up after discharge. Treatment is provided free of charge. The centre works in close collaboration with surgical departments in public hospitals in Baghdad. For more details about our operations in Iraq: http://www.msf.org/en/where-we-work/iraq Main objectives and responsibilities of the position:Apply Now
- Bedside-teaching of BMRC medical staff (doctors, physiotherapists and nurses) on diagnosis and treatment of in and out patients through participation in daily / regular rounds, consultations and medical meetings
- Training of the medical team on subjects around rehabilitation care, orthopedics and general medicine according to evidence based medicine and in line with MSF standards and procedures
- Supervising and ensuring the achievement of medical objectives and patient's treatment plan related to rehabilitation care
- As an expert in orthopedic rehabilitation, participation in the definition of project's frame and input about general functioning including admission and discharge criteria, treatment protocols, development of specialized technics
- Be the focal point for all rehabilitation care related questions, review prescriptions of physiotherapy and needed devices
- Support of the team in external networking with the surgical departments in the public hospitals by promoting the medical concept of BMRC
- Specialist in orthopedic rehabilitation is required, acute postsurgical care experience an asset
- Good knowledge and well aware about various types of treatments and programs
- At least 12 months professionnal experience as a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist.
- Be available for a minimum of 1 month or longer.