Post Number : WHC/PA/044
Grade : G-7
Parent Sector : Culture Sector (CLT)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Culture
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 03-JUN-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position).
(Duration of contract: 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance).OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The mandate of the Policy and Statutory Meetings Unit within the World Heritage Centre (WHC) includes coordination and development of World Heritage-related statutory processes, policies and activities, across regions and on a global level, as well as providing support to the governing bodies of the World Heritage Convention, including through implementation of respective decisions and resolutions and preparation of documents and meetings, as appropriate.
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Culture, the overall supervision of the Director of the World Heritage Centre and the direct supervision of the Head of the Policy and Statutory Meetings Unit, and in close collaboration with the relevant Units within WHC, the Culture Sector and the Central Services of the Organization, the incumbent shall assist in implementing the activities of the Policy and Statutory Meetings Unit, focusing mainly on the coordination of the Periodic Reporting process.
In particular, the Periodic Reporting Support Coordinator shall:
- Assist, further to Decision 41.COM/10A of the World Heritage Committee, in the overall coordination at WHC to ensure the holistic approach across the regions with regard to the Periodic Reporting process, through specialized assistance in the preparation, design and update of guidance and training materials and communication tools in the required languages for the Third cycle of the Periodic Reporting exercise;
- Provide guidance and support to each of the Regional Units at WHC and to stakeholders involved in the respective regions undergoing the Periodic Reporting exercise, on content and technical matters, including IT aspects throughout the different phases of the cycle, including assisting in the launch, reporting process, preparation of the synthetic report on the basis of the approved analytical framework, and participating in training sessions on the technical use of the online Periodic Reporting tool;
- Ensure support on specific technical matters related to the back-end of the online Periodic Reporting tool, including the management of the questionnaire settings and databases, the technical specifications related to user access, cache applications, log errors, prefilling and postfilling of data, editing of questionnaire contents in HTML as well as the development of the Periodic Reporting statistical tool with regard to data exports, accessibility via the online platform and preparation of country and regional datasets;
- Collect and analyse technical requests and needs in the area of the Periodic Reporting Questionnaire, including the online tool, and advise users, as required, on the possible solutions;
- Provide inputs to relevant documents, including for the statutory meetings of the World Heritage Committee and the General Assembly of the States Parties to the World Heritage Convention and carry out necessary IT and organizational tasks to follow-up and implement the recommendations and decisions of the statutory bodies with regard to the Periodic Reporting exercise.
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational education.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in IT support and/or project/programme implementation assistance, some of which preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in the management of questionnaires settings and databases.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of core web technologies like HTML, MySQL, and web design tool such as Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of design software such as Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Knowledge in Excel statistical data processing techniques such as pivot table.
- Demonstrated ability to develop training and communication materials.
- Strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations within a multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of either English or French (oral and written) and good knowledge of the other language.
- Specialized training/certification in project management.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of UNESCO and its cultural conventions and programmes.
- Knowledge of other official languages of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.ASSESSMENT
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.