Minimum age: 35 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations.
The Partnerships Specialist provides advice, creates opportunities and supports the UNFPA Representative to increase the scale, scope and impact of the UNFPA programme. The position is critical to the Country Office's advocacy and resource mobilisation efforts geared towards achieving the Lao government ICPD25 commitments and UNFPA's transformative results.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the UNFPA Representative and close consultation with the UNFPA Deputy Representative, the UN Volunteer will update, manage, coordinate, implement and monitor the Country Office Partnerships Strategy (COPS). He/She will be in charge of the COPS-associated products and activities on an on-going basis with public audiences, development partners, government counterparts and other key stakeholders. The aim is to promote awareness, understanding and support for UNFPA's mandate in Lao PDR. He/she will work in close consultation with the Deputy Representative, the Programme team, and Programme M&E Analyst to develop and implement evidence-based partnership and advocacy plans, with a focus on the SDGs, public-private partnerships, the "Noi Framework", and the campaign "Me, My Body, My Planet, My Future".
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNFPA Representative or his/her designated delegate(s), the UN Volunteer will be responsible for:
- Partnerships building and resources mobilisation
- Lead the review and updating of the CO Partnerships Strategy; and through that, support and operationalise the CO's resource mobilisation work, that includes the pipeline of projects and building blocks;
- Work with Programme staff to identify potential partnerships and follow up externally with relevant stakeholders to create opportunities for taking UNFPA interventions to scale;
- Identify new opportunities and establish and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders, including media houses, youth groups, Climate Change entities, private sector, etc.
- Business Development and portfolio management
- Lead the development of the Women and Climate Change portfolio in close Coordination with the Youth and Gender teams;
- Conduct substantive donor intelligence Analysis and dialogues with potential counterparts, UN entities, and other development partners to facilitate the incorporation of UNFPA programme priorities and the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) agenda into new spheres;
- Contribute to the development of proposals in coordination with the substantive units of UNFPA.
- Support on the office's Advocacy strategy
- Create and deliver useful evidence-based advocacy messages to promote UNFPA programme goals taking into account political and cultural sensitivities;
- Provide strategic inputs towards advocacy and communication efforts of the Country Office by preparing or reviewing relevant documentation including for CP7 formulation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles and participating in donor meetings and public information events;
- Prepare briefing notes and collects background materials for the Representative, and Deputy Representative as required before advocacy-related meetings and events.
- Contribution to the office's Communications activities
- Collaborate with the Communications team to ensure UNFPA Lao PDR is active in a wide range of social media channels on critical aspects of the Country Programme implementation in the Country;
- Contribute articles for publication in printed media and the relay in online media outlets;
- Document best practices to support Communications team in the production of documentaries and videos on specific programme themes/interventions and ensure wide dissemination in-country and abroad in support of Advocacy and resource mobilisation activities, as well as Knowledge Management.
Carry out any other relevant activities/responsibilities as assigned by the Representative.Master degree or equivalent
Advanced higher degree (Master's or equivalent) in a relevant area, like International Public Relations, Business Development, Marketing, or Climate Change.180 Months
- At least 15 years of successful professional experience, at the national and/or international level, in Programme & Project Management, Business Development, Partnerships, Innovation, or other relevant fields;
- Prior relevant experience in the UN System considered an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Expertise in leading new initiatives, proposal development, advocacy, public relations for development, partnerships with private sector entities, youth participation and women's empowerment considered an asset;
- Proficiency in computer presentation and marketing applications, along with accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams