The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least Developed Countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local Economic Development. UNCDF’s financing models work through three channels: inclusive digital economies, connecting individuals, households, and small businesses with financial eco-systems that catalyze participation in the local economy, and provide tools to climb out of poverty and manage financial lives; local Development Finance, that capacitates localities through fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal finance, and structured Project Finance to drive local economic expansion and sustainable development; and investment finance, that provides catalytic financial structuring, de-risking, and capital deployment to drive SDG impact and domestic resource mobilization. By strengthening how finance works for poor people at the household, small enterprise, and local infrastructure levels, UNCDF contributes to Sustainable Development Goal-SDG 1 on eradicating poverty and SDG 17 on the means of implementation. By identifying those market segments where innovative financing models can have transformational impact in helping to reach the last mile and address exclusion and inequalities of access, UNCDF contributes to a broad diversity of SDGs. The Partnerships, Policy and Communications Unit (PPCU) to which this post is assigned, leads and manages the organization’s relationship with its governing body, the Executive Board. To all these ends the Unit will lead the organization in the development and advancement of relevant strategies in engaging with this wide spectrum of partners that is achieved through wide internal and external consultative processes. Position Context: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Partnerships, Policy and Communications, the Partnerships, Policy, & Communications (PPC) Associate is responsible for the provision of support for the implementation of UNCDF business- development initiatives, communications plans, policy and advocacy strategies, and the dissemination of information utilizing multimedia tools. This is a local recruitment, subject to local GS recruitment framework. Time Management: Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills with strong interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure in a well-organized, flexible and calm manner in fast-paced environment Knowledge Management: Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge Development and Operational Effectiveness: Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of unit Education:Apply Now
- Completion of secondary education, plus specialist training in Journalism and/or communication/public relations. First university degree in the relevant field is an asset but not a requirement.
- At least 7 Seven years of relevant working experience in the field of partnerships developments, knowledge management, publications/public relations related field and organizing public events/meetings.
- Experience in using IT, including website management, use of internet/intranet.
- Experience with ERP system such as ATLAS and UNDP Operations & Programmes & Policies etc is highly desireable, but not a requirement.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based Management Systems.
- Working experience in international organizations, esp United Nations System
- Strong interest in development cooperation is an asset.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral is required.
- Fluency in French is desirable but not required, knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.