Location: Vanuatu or any CARE office
Position reports to: Pacific Regional Partnerships Director
Position Type: full-time, 12 month fixed-term, possible extension
Start date: as soon as possible
About the Role
Responsible for project accounting and compliance for projects contracted by CARE including budgeting and reporting. Play a key role in supporting CARE’s partners with project accounting, reporting and compliance. Help our Pacific partners through preparing sub grants, coordinating finance processes between CA and partners, identifying and responding to Operational Support
and Capacity Building
needs, and liaising with partners on all accounting and compliance requirements. The Pacific Finance and Coordinator
" id="link" class="link">Grants Coordinator is an important relationship manager whose technical skills in finance must be matched by the right people skills to respect and empower our partners. The Finance and Grants Coordinator reports to the Pacific Regional Partnerships Director.
Please see the Candidate Information Pack on our website before applying.
The successful candidate may take up duty in Vanuatu or remotely, depending on available travel.
● Minimum of bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Commerce/Economics, and experience in accounting and Financial Management
with an international NGO or similar organisation in a developing country;
● Extensive experience working with donor-funded grants, including DFAT, OFDA and ECHO and a detailed knowledge of donor compliance requirements;
● Demonstrated experience supporting the development of finance, project accounting and grant management skills of colleagues or partner organisations with experience in the Pacific region viewed favourably;
● Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, ability to respond effectively to challenges, manage workflows and balance competing priorities;
● Competence in use of finance systems and a high level of competence in Microsoft Excel
● Experience in the preparation and Analysis
of project budgets and CWPs. Experience using Sun finance systems an advantage.
● Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
● Demonstrated understanding and commitment to CARE’s approach to Gender Equality
and women’s empowerment including diversity and cultural sensitivity.
● Demonstrated experience in capacity building of staff and local partners, proven ability to lead, coach and motivate staff and work effectively in a cross functional, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision.
CARE strongly encourages Pacific Islanders to apply for this position.