Oversight, Audit & Compliance Specialist
Background: The Office of the Executive Auditor (AUG) is currently seeking an oversight, audit and compliance professional. The selected candidate will report directly to the Executive Auditor.
The team’s mission: AUG reports to the President and to the relevant IDB Group governing bodies, and provides periodic, independent, and objective internal audits and advisory engagements on financial, accounting, operational, administrative and other activities, including identifying possible means of improving the efficiency and economy of operations and the use of resources. AUG also provides independent assessments and observations to senior management on the design and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, and internal controls of activities being reviewed.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and assess existing processes to identify key risks inherent to the area under review, taking into consideration the strategic priorities of the organization and the underlying technology
- Perform interviews and prepare walk-throughs and flowcharts of the processes under review to support the planning of engagements
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls currently in place to manage identified risks
- Identify and verify the performance of controls, including those in place to mitigate the risk of integrity of the information
- Perform data analytics, as required throughout the engagement, to support the planning and fieldwork and provide meaningful insights/compelling evidence to support audit observations
- Prepare internal audit and advisory reports in a clear, concise and timely manner, including agreed management action plans
- Provide input, analysis, research, and recommendations as requested by the Executive Auditor, either for information or for action
- Coordinate, prepare, or review reports and presentations to the Board and Senior Management
- Work closely with the Executive Auditor and, as appropriate, the AUG Management Team, to ensure that key messages are included in briefings and other material, and to ensure quality, relevance, and timeliness
- Orchestrate the continuous improvement of our engagement and periodic reports to the Board and Senior Management
- Demonstrate good project management skills, proposing solutions to increase team productivity
- Work independently, with minimal supervision
What you’ll need:
Education: You have a master's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology, Accounting, or a relevant field, with strong emphasis in auditing. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) may be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
Experience: You have at least eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following: auditing, risk management, information technology, storytelling techniques, report design and preparation, finance, banking, and/or international organizations. Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in internal audit.
Languages: Proficiency in English and Spanish is required. Knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is desirable.
Type of contract: Staff, fixed-term
Length of contract: Three years
Location: Washington, DC
Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion.
We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.Additional Information