Operations Specialist or Senior Associate (Operational Data Scientist and Innovation Specialist or Senior Associate) Background: The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is the premier multilateral development institution within Latin America and the Caribbean region. At the IDB, the region is divided into four country departments responsible for the promotion and development of country strategies, the programming of operations, and the management of resources and of their respective portfolio of operations. The Caribbean Country Department (CCB) has a regional office based in Jamaica, country offices located in Barbados, Guyana, Suriname, The Bahamas, and Trinidad and Tobago, and an office located at the Headquarters of the IDB Group in Washington DC. CCB is transforming the way it conducts business to effectively and efficiently serve its clients. The department strives to improve lives in the Caribbean by creating vibrant and sustainable economies where people are safe, productive, and happy. Therefore, we are seeking a highly motivated individual, with demonstrated leadership, research and analytical credentials, to fill the position of Operations Specialist or Senior Associate in our office in Washington D.C. The most suitable candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for development, be able to lead change, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be creative, driven, good at relationship building, and have strong analytical skills. Further, s/he must be a team player and a high energy professional with digital competence. S/he should also have and an agile mindset with an interest in using real-time, iterative approaches to meet client needs, all with the aim of promoting innovative solutions to corporate and regional development challenges. The candidate will report directly to the Regional Operations Advisor and will use a data-driven approach to support initiatives focused on creating CCB’s future operating model including, but not limited to, changes in business processes, systems, and organizational structure. The team’s mission: CCB is responsible for the promotion and development of the IDB Group country strategies and programming in The Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago. The department supports the processing, negotiation, and Administration of regional and country specific projects and programs; leading and maintaining the relations of the IDB Group with member countries; supporting the implementation of country-specific operations; promoting and coordinating the use of the funds administered by the Bank or under parallel financing agreements and monitoring the operation-related procurement activities of Bank borrowers and beneficiaries. What you will do:Apply Now
- Design, develop, and track progress against a holistic data strategy for the department and ensure that all data initiatives are consistent with achieving the objectives of the IDB Group’s strategy.
- Consolidate and maintain key data related to all functional areas in a single database and ensure its timely and regular update. Provide technical guidance, advice, and supervision to other staff in data management, cleansing, and other related matters.
- Collaborate with all functional areas to generate automated and regular reports of high frequency data of key performance indicators. Ensure that reports are easy to understand analyze, and utilize for staff with different levels of data literacy.
- Develop a system to streamline access for users to common data and analyses. Assist business users with generating analytical, operational, and corporate reports that can be deployed on SharePoint, and provide recommendations to the Management Team as required.
- Develop and implement a training plan that would install data management and business intelligence capabilities in all functional areas.
- Develop and document insights and predictive forecasting models using deep data analyses that utilize state-of-the art quantitative methods and econometrics to support management decision-making. Use data Analysis to share compelling insights and stories through narrative and graphic representation.
- Solve problems by working with cutting-edge technology in mobile analytics and Big Data as well as application development. Have the mindset to create something new while delivering great solutions to our clients. Demonstrate a high degree of digital competence including data security, data privacy, and ethical standards for data use.
- Create, organize, and motivate agile teams to achieve high levels of performance and quality, and deliver results that provide exceptional business value to the clients both internal and external to the IDB.
- Provide recommendations to put in place appropriate people, processes, and tools and coach members of the team as needed to optimize efficiency.
- Promote data for decision-making culture within the department, share the work of the department to other IDB Group Departments, and participate in institution-wide business intelligence and data analytics teams and activities as required.
- Type of contract: Fixed Term
- Length of contract: 3 years Starting date: TBD. Position will be filled as budget and headcount become available
- Location: Washington, DC