This job opportunity is located in Dallas, Texas Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Operations Analyst, Research in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas . In this ADMINISTRATIVE role, you will manage Department or project budgets including accounts, invoicing and reporting. Additional responsibilities include preparing and reconciling travel and expense accounts, overseeing department resources, calendar, and project Administration as assigned. This includes but is not limited to: internal communications, marketing activities, technology training and related operational functions. Essential Job Duties:Apply Now
- Coordinate budget development process for assigned department or project. Analyze prior year budgets to provide guidance and comparative data for projections. Reconcile monthly budget reports to provide explanations of variance(s) to the Finance Department. Understand budget and revenue goals and activities for each meeting or program.
- Provide training and assistance for the department staff on the association’s operations software such as SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics, Smart Sheets, E1 Finance system, Optimus or other regularly accessed systems and applications. Serve as E1 mentor for the department.
- Manage project timelines and deadline compliance, while effectively communicating project statuses and related information as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute departmental calendar of all events, deadlines, and timelines. Collaborate with other departments to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Implements purchasing process including creation of purchase orders, vendor communication and management and invoice processing.
- Facilitates vendor Contract Management process to ensure contracts are reviewed and approved through internal Procurement and Legal procedures.
- Prepare and distribute internal communications and reports as needed to ensure department and project activities are prioritized and completed. Facilitate communications with project stakeholders including national leadership and region field staff.
- Prepare meeting materials and rosters for Research Committee and Subcommittees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or related area
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with:
- Budget development and Analysis.
- Developing project scope and budget.
- Prior experience with meeting planning, contractual obligations, customer service.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient with financial applications or automated accounting systems.
- Proficient with assigned functional applications or systems including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or shared document repositories (intranet operations) such as SharePoint.
- Ability to communicate in writing and orally with correct grammar and spelling.
- Experience managing volunteer committees or individuals