Background Information - Job-specific
The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) was established in 1990 and mandated by name in United Nations
General Assembly resolution A/RES/45/181.The WSSCC Secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and aims to accelerate the achievement of sustainable sanitation, hygiene and Water Services
for all people, with special attention to the unserved poor, by enhancing collaboration and coordination of all sector stakeholders. The WSSCC Secretariat is located in Geneva, Switzerland. More information on WSSCC can be found on the website at www.wsscc.org.
Reporting to the Programme Director, or to a delegated staff of the programmes Division, the Anlayst provides technical operational support for effective delivery as well as Analysis
and coordination of information and documentation in support of the Programme Director overview and evaluation of the overall programme effort. Collaborating with Regional Units, Technical Support
Unit, Finance and Operations Unit
and Planning, Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Unit, the Analyst
provides direct, substantive and logistical support to the regional units. The latter will entail working with the regional teams to ensure smooth well-organized operations and timely delivery and handling of internal and external demands and requests. This includes support to procurement, grants and contracts management, financial planning and monitoring and audit follow-up both at global and country level.
- Draft regular updates to the Programme Director on budget, resource allocation, staffing requirements, consultant contracting and support annual work planning.
- Support Programme Director/Regional Managers in organizing and preparing with partners on conferences, workshops, trainings, and meetings processes.
- Provide substantive, technical, financial management and administrative support for the timely delivery of operations, the implementation of the programmes, and effective reporting.
- Analyze and track Grants Management workload in programme teams identify common trends, gaps and facilitating remedial efforts with Finance, M&E units.
- Support the development of the quarterly and annual report
- Provide support in developing and monitoring tools and systems for tracking programme implementation progress for the regional units.
- Support the Regional Managers and other technical experts with research and analysis on specific assigned topics.
- Promote the integration of lessons learned, best practices and other operational knowledge into work processes, guidance and planning scenarios.
- Work with relevant Units to assist the process of producing, storing and disseminating advocacy and best practice materials
- Propose and support new ideas for learning, research, and guidance initiatives
- Participate in country programme missions if required.
- Perform other duties as required
- Masters or equivalent in health sciences, development studies, or related fields.
- A Bachelor Degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master's Degree.
Minimum two years of relevant experience working in programme or operations support or related fields.Language
Fluency in both English and French is a requirement.
||Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
||Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
||Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
||Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
||Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
||Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
||Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to coordinate and manage project implementation tasks;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment balancing multiple tasks;
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in using Computer Applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, project planning, e-mail, etc.)
- Ability to analyse and interprete data;
Contract type, level and duration
This position is based in Switzerland and the contract fee is not exempt from Swiss laws, including but not limited to laws regarding taxation, social security, accident and health insurance.
- Contract type: International Contractor Agreement
- Contract level: International Specialist Level 1
- Contract duration: ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by Security Policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.